Training Ground

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ecologists have found great-crested newts and grass snakes living on the site as well as colonies of long-eared and common pipistrelle bats

Plans to build a 45-room ‘lodge’ at Tottenham Hotspur’s state-of-the-art training ground have hit a snag after ecologists found colonies of protected newts and bats on the site.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/tottenham-training-ground-lodge-planned-5134226?

:walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker::walker:

So they discovered where the woolwich scouts were hiding then

If Barcelona and AC Milan have shown an interest in training and staying there if/when they play over here, that shows you just how highly the facilities are rated.
Most teams, including international ones, train at St Georges atm. It has an on site Hilton for players' accommodation.
So, one thing St Georges doesn't have is it's own accommodation.

If some teams are willing to use our facilities then why not earn some extra money when it's not used by us?
It can help pay for those players everyone moans we don't buy :)

I see these protected species / biodiversity surveys done all the time in my job. They spend thousands on reviewing and scrutinising the site for potential loss of habitat. Then thousands more on relocation plans etc...

Then a bunch of gobshites in work boots turn up on site, wipe their arses with the mitigation plan and trample the fuck out of everything.

Shouldn't prove too much of a problem, although it'll take a lot of time. I know someone who does this job for a living, goes to proposed business sites to see if there's any protected animals there and if they can possibly be moved.

Shouldn't be hard to just make another pond in a corner somewhere, don't really see it being a huge issue.

New shopping centre near me had those newts. They moved them then chucked a fuck off John Lewis on top.

not an ish.

New pic of the player lodge construction, towards top right of 1st pic
TydQEttbP89Rhp_95Z3AuDnZ-7HX6kFtQZNzUkU8JYo%2Cyc3yYf4esjsIcooZwyVhNP9Y4GESdEMBERZJZQB4vLg

3QkChQkqEw8R9KV7y_kOZc3WViaU3GwUHmMvKSCD9N4%2CMHsvuE_ZYXkIVWY42NX6GTa25zUORmxJYGJyW7IQWGY

-2mnrlX4a8ZJI3A0v4QQEfnSKok2YU44JYBxMilPR20%2CwAJ_OHBUZTBsNPFzMVcAOyit53w5t1KtSTbn_2i0UXQ

New pic of the player lodge construction, towards top right of 1st pic
TydQEttbP89Rhp_95Z3AuDnZ-7HX6kFtQZNzUkU8JYo%2Cyc3yYf4esjsIcooZwyVhNP9Y4GESdEMBERZJZQB4vLg

3QkChQkqEw8R9KV7y_kOZc3WViaU3GwUHmMvKSCD9N4%2CMHsvuE_ZYXkIVWY42NX6GTa25zUORmxJYGJyW7IQWGY

-2mnrlX4a8ZJI3A0v4QQEfnSKok2YU44JYBxMilPR20%2CwAJ_OHBUZTBsNPFzMVcAOyit53w5t1KtSTbn_2i0UXQ

Probably a stupid question, but why do we have so many training pitches? I know we have our development squads etc, but that seems a bit overkill on the pitch front.

Probably a stupid question, but why do we have so many training pitches? I know we have our development squads etc, but that seems a bit overkill on the pitch front.
Most other clubs have the same amount. There are many that have more pitches than us.

You have kind of answered your own question, at Spurs every age group plays at the centre (other clubs have more than one location for different age groups), factor in games played everyday you are going to need to rotate pitches to ensure they remain in prime condition.

Most other clubs have the same amount. There are many that have more pitches than us.

You have kind of answered your own question, at Spurs every age group plays at the centre (other clubs have more than one location for different age groups), factor in games played everyday you are going to need to rotate pitches to ensure they remain in prime condition.

Mmm. Good point about the condition of the pitch.

I know that at Man City's training ground they have a pitch that is identical to the one at other stadiums.

E.g. When they're about to play Stoke they let the grass grow longer and make it identical to the pitch at Stoke. The players will then train on that pitch the week before so they can get use to it before the match begins.

Maybe we do that in some aspect.

I know that at Man City's training ground they have a pitch that is identical to the one at other stadiums.

E.g. When they're about to play Stoke they let the grass grow longer and make it identical to the pitch at Stoke. The players will then train on that pitch the week before so they can get use to it before the match begins.

Maybe we do that in some aspect.

That's pretty cool.

One each??
:llorisserious::walker::vert::dierno::carrollwtf::dembelewtf::allitongue::lamelashock::chadliwtf::sonlol::kaneear: :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom