Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rest, rest and more rest.

-----------------------Gazza----------------------------
KWP-------Foyth-----------Sanchez------Davies
--------------Skipp----------Winks-------------------
Lucas---------------Roles---------------N'Koudou
----------------------Llorente--------------------------

Subs - Whiteman, Eyoma, Trippier, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Kane

Big dogs on the bench in case it gets hairy. With that defence, which is reasonably strong, I can't see them scoring. Lucas alone should be enough for their defence.

0-2

Rest, rest and more rest.

-----------------------Gazza----------------------------
KWP-------Foyth-----------Sanchez------Davies
--------------Skipp----------Winks-------------------
Lucas---------------Roles---------------N'Koudou
----------------------Llorente--------------------------

Subs - Whiteman, Eyoma, Trippier, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Kane

Big dogs on the bench in case it gets hairy. With that defence, which is reasonably strong, I can't see them scoring. Lucas alone should be enough for their defence.

0-2

Who is roles?

Much bigger fish to fry coming up next Tuesday with Chelsea in the first leg of the League Cup, so rotation is definitely needed here. I wouldn't go all out, these early FA Cup games gave us more fixtures than we would have liked with two replays against lower clubs last season.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Alderweireld
KWP - Winks - Skipp - Dele - Davies
Lucas - Llorente
0-2

Get in there and out there. I hate these games against low clubs on shit pitches who just want to kick you about to let you know "they are there".

Much bigger fish to fry coming up next Tuesday with Chelsea in the first leg of the League Cup, so rotation is definitely needed here. I wouldn't go all out, these early FA Cup games gave us more fixtures than we would have liked with two replays against lower clubs last season.

Gazzaniga
Foyth - Sanchez - Alderweireld
KWP - Winks - Skipp - Dele - Davies
Lucas - Llorente
0-2

Get in there and out there. I hate these games against low clubs on shit pitches who just want to kick you about to let you know "they are there".

Winks needs a rest as he will no doubt play against the Chavs, any chance Wanyama or Dier are any closer to returning?

Let’s hope he knows his role should he start :dierpochhug:
giphy.gif

Not often I think this way but I don't want anyone starting against Chelsea anywhere near this match. That's no disrespect to Tranmere. We have a semi-final. If they had one they would do the same.

----------------Gazzaniga-----------------
--KWP--Foyth--Sanchez--Aurier--
-------------Skipp-----*---------------------
--N'Koudou-------Alli-------Lucas----
------------------Llorente-------------------

Aurier to get things going on from injury. N'Koudou and Llorente to play last matches for us.

*someone from Dier, Wanyama, Dembele will be ready I feel.

2-5

-----------------------------Gazza-----------------------------
---Sanchez---------------Foyth-----------------Davies---
Aurier----------Skipp------------Dele------------------KWP
-----------Lucas----------------------------Son--------------
--------------------------Lllorente------------------------------
Subs; Vorm, Eyoma, Rose, Winks, Roles, Parrott, Kane.

Imperative that the likes of Toby, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen and Kane get a well earned rest, but this team should still have more than enough for Tranmere in an attacking sense. H on the bench in case shit starts to go south.

Maybe some of the lads who have been doing OK in the PL2 games could start ... Tanganga, Sterling, Oakley-Boothe, Roles.
Sterling has scored regularly at PL2 level, it would be interesting to see how he goes.

This game means we have an extra day on Chelsea. They have Nottingham Forest who will be no push over,we have Tranmere, i mean this with no disrespect to them but the Chelsea game is far more important. Coming out of the compacted xmas games, we should be resting anyone likely to play on the 8th.

Gazza
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Eriksen - Skipp - Dele
Son - Kane - Lucas

No way Eriksen, Kane, Toby etc are any where near the starting 11, we have had the worse schedule over the festive period and we go again on Tuesday after the FA cup game, Poch would be crazy not to give the players some well due rest

Back
Top Bottom