Tranmere Rovers F.C. v Tottenham Hotspur F.C - Friday 4th January, 2018, 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Substituting Kane on when the game was absolutely done and dusted was certainly taking an unnecessary risk. As it turned out it was all ok and he scored a nice goal. But there was definitely a chance that one their players could have tackled him badly or he could acquire an injury due to the pitch. Of course Poch, his assistantants and Kane himself knew all this, weighed it up and decided the odds were low enough to take the chance. I guess they thought it would ultimately be for the best. Luckily it was all ok but I can see why someone, rather than describe it as ‘risky’, might say stupid. It certainly would have looked that way if Kane did pick up an injury or got carded.
I think that the management team have managed our squad brilliantly through the whole Christmas/Festive/NY period. For people to be trying to criticise and doubt our decisions when Poch has expressly come out and asked fans to trust in the decisions more, is crazy. Bringing Kane on when the competitive edge had been taken out if the game, with a chance to give him another goal, keeping him match sharp, was clearly the right decision. Audere Est Facere does not translate as “Be Fearful and Whinge”.

I think that the management team have managed our squad brilliantly through the whole Christmas/Festive/NY period. For people to be trying to criticise and doubt our decisions when Poch has expressly come out and asked fans to trust in the decisions more, is crazy. Bringing Kane on when the competitive edge had been taken out if the game, with a chance to give him another goal, keeping him match sharp, was clearly the right decision. Audere Est Facere does not translate as “Be Fearful and Whinge”.

I'm starting to wonder...

Go on then Baz
Defend his shooting prowess while at Spurs!
Show me why I'm wrong to make a tongue in cheek remark about his shooting skills.

Lighten up - it's just a bit of fun.

Ok he scored against the Spam so good enough for me!

But we all know about his limitations in shooting, even me, so why go on and on about it?

Every time you or anyone else slags him off I will defend him if I think it’s unjustified

Amazing you, above anyone else, saying to a fellow poster,
“lighten up “

Pmsl

Good one

:dembelelol:

I hear Spurs allowed Tranmere to keep our 45% split of last night's gate receipt. Class if true. Levy's gonna be fuming with whoever made that decision though.
cant be true. all Levy and ENIC care about is profit.

I've seen it said on the pages of this venerable forum that there have never been profits taken out of the club by enic either, and i cant believe that, cos all they care about is profit.

Did anyone else see this ?
:pochfacepalm:
Campbell warns Spurs they face Tranmere KO - unless they follow Kane's example

Macclesfield boss Campbell, whose side drew 1-1 with Micky Mellon’s men on New Year’s Day, said: “Tranmere are a big, powerful side.

“They are also clever and strikers James Norwood and Connor Jennings, who scored against us, are dangerous.

“Our keeper, Kieran O’Hara, had to make some really important stops. And if Tranmere buzz around Tottenham like they did us in the first half especially, they will be a handful.

“Absolutely they have a real chance of creating a big upset.”

Spot the difference

Answer
We're not a crap team with a shit Judas cunt in charge

Ok he scored against the Spam so good enough for me!

But we all know about his limitations in shooting, even me, so why go on and on about it?

Every time you or anyone else slags him off I will defend him if I think it’s unjustified

Amazing you, above anyone else, saying to a fellow poster,
“lighten up “

Pmsl

Good one

:dembelelol:
So you chewing out anyone who says anything less than complimentary about Sissoko is you showing your in light hearted and amusing side is it?
You are trying too hard to stand up for him. Let people have an opinion about him without you appearing like the troll under the bridge - or is it just me you do it to?
I'm glad you are laughing Baz, if anyone needs a chuckle at the moment it's you.

Can we put this issue to bed now Baz, I accept that you think the guy is the dogs bollocks, and you must know that I have revised my opinion of him (seen the light) but don't like him as much as you do.
I don't climb into you over the opinions you articulate, that I disagree with and accept that your faith in Sissoko is greater than mine.
I'm fed up with this now, can you and I just give up on it from now on, please?

Did anyone else see this ?
:pochfacepalm:
Campbell warns Spurs they face Tranmere KO - unless they follow Kane's example

Macclesfield boss Campbell, whose side drew 1-1 with Micky Mellon’s men on New Year’s Day, said: “Tranmere are a big, powerful side.

“They are also clever and strikers James Norwood and Connor Jennings, who scored against us, are dangerous.

“Our keeper, Kieran O’Hara, had to make some really important stops. And if Tranmere buzz around Tottenham like they did us in the first half especially, they will be a handful.

“Absolutely they have a real chance of creating a big upset.”

Spot the difference

Answer
We're not a crap team with a shit Judas cunt in charge
So he was out by around 8 goals then?

cant be true. all Levy and ENIC care about is profit.
I've seen it said on the pages of this venerable forum that there have never been profits taken out of the club by enic either, and i cant believe that, cos all they care about is profit.

msy.gif

I went to the game and mingled beforehand in the pub by the ground with Tranmere fans. It was refreshing to see the hope and excitement on the faces of small boys, completely entranced by the magic of the Cup. No hostility, no entitlement, no anti Spurs attitude.
Pure, old school F A Cup. Seven goals and Harry Kane, applauded and appreciated by fans who have known bad times.
For once you could forget keyboard warriors, plastic band waggon jumpers and poisonous journalists. Here was the cup of old, in all it's old glory. Untainted by cynics, untouched by envy, fine and pure as it ever was.
Hope and glory, David and Goliath's big brother, it is still all here in the oldest and most treasured, fan's knockout competition in the world.
Dilute it, sideline it, whore it off to the Corporate world, sate your avarice and treat us, the fans with contempt. But do this at your peril, for it perseveres, it thrives and it lives in the hearts of the people that matter. We fans will keep our cup alive, and we are legion.

I went to the game and mingled beforehand in the pub by the ground with Tranmere fans. It was refreshing to see the hope and excitement on the faces of small boys, completely entranced by the magic of the Cup. No hostility, no entitlement, no anti Spurs attitude.
Pure, old school F A Cup. Seven goals and Harry Kane, applauded and appreciated by fans who have known bad times.
For once you could forget keyboard warriors, plastic band waggon jumpers and poisonous journalists. Here was the cup of old, in all it's old glory. Untainted by cynics, untouched by envy, fine and pure as it ever was.
Hope and glory, David and Goliath's big brother, it is still all here in the oldest and most treasured, fan's knockout competition in the world.
Dilute it, sideline it, whore it off to the Corporate world, sate your avarice and treat us, the fans with contempt. But do this at your peril, for it perseveres, it thrives and it lives in the hearts of the people that matter. We fans will keep our cup alive, and we are legion.

Nice post Arthur - enjoyed reading that.

Wonderful post. We should close this thread there.

Sounds like you were in the Birch Tree. I agree totally with your post, there was a real family atmosphere to the whole evening both in the pubs and the ground. The Sportsman pub just up the road was the same.
Walking back to a mates house after the game we got talking to some Tranmere fans, young and old, they were all buzzing about what they had witnessed and were wishing us luck in the league because they all hate the scousers.
Made a nice change from the usual crap you have to put up with at away games.

Rodney Marsh calls us classless arseholes for bringing Harry Kane on in a football match when he was making jokes about 225,000 people's deaths.

What an absolute turd of a man
Context, Marsh made the toonarmy/tsunami comment 14 years ago, not Friday night and he said it long before anyone had any idea of the scale of the devastation.
That said his Friday comments were crass and ignorant, a fact exemplified by the almost identical nature of the scorelines between city and Spurs, but destroyed in credibility by the reasoning.
The guy needs to realise that he's not a philosopher and that he should keep his gob shut and stay away from the media.

I used to love Rodney Marsh as a footballer, in fact he was probably my favourite non-Spurs player.
As a pundit, he revealed himself to be a bit of a twat, but he's one of the generation where it was "OK" to make comments that you simply wouldn't get away with these days. Not excusing him for his recent remark though, it came back to bite him very quickly.

The Harry Kane team playing Harry Kane was disrespectful. What we should have done is played Janssen for 90 mins, forced a replay on a boggy Wembley pitch, and got their captain stuck in the mud. Then, when we were 1-3 down and collapsing from fatigue, throw in a white hankerchief to show our class. Honestly I don't know why we don't just sack Pochettino and tap up United's manager through the press for four weeks. Solskjaer could sub himself on and score instead. It'd be a far more classy way to do things. It's not like Barcelona would bring on Messi against us if they didn't need to..

Back
Top Bottom