Transfer Windows

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Here's the thing: I sincerely believe that we wouldn't have been royally chased in our first two matches if we'd already signed Ade and Parker a few weeks beforehand and given them time to settle into the squad.

As it was, we were short for the games against the Mancs and they were able to benefit massively due to this. The usual Spurs Special of waiting till 5 to midnight on deadline day poked us right up the arse as it did when Berbs decided to be a dick and we ended up with the other Campbell in our strikeforce.

This isn't a go at Levy, as he is quite obviously the master negotiator, but does anyone think we have learned a lesson here and that we may treat future windows differently and have our shit sorted out sharpish?

The problem is, you never know what's truly going on behind the scenes.

City seemed to be reluctant to loan us Ade, probably A) wanted a sale and B) weren't sure if we would be a threat. Maybe once we'd been dicked twice, they thought "fuck it, let them have him, they won't be close to us, it might help them get results against our rivals, and besides, no one else is paying for him"

As for West Ham, they were holding on for as long as possible to try and convince Parker to stay. Once he handed in his request at the end of the window, they knew they had to let him go.

I truly believe we couldn't get either of them any earlier.

As for the overall point of leaving it late, it is bloody frustrating and not massively helpful to our on field fortunes. However, it has helped us make some good deals, particularly the VDV daylight robbery of Madrid. Levy won't change that way, as it is good business, so annoyingly for us fans we will have to suffer the frustration of the windows (to an extent of course).

It does make the last day more exciting though doesn't it :ade:

I can't see Levy changing his deadline dealing ways either but who knows, perhaps some clubs will prefer to get the deal done early as they want to find a replacement themselves.

I just hope we get a striker before:

Sunday, 22 January 2012
Man City v Tottenham, 13:30

If we compare the transfer dealings of the last two years to those of, say, Liverpool - a key competitor of ours - I think we have done excellently. Part of the reason it's all been so good is we've spent so little. I guess doing business late in the window has helped with the example above, VDV, etc.

Perhaps one day, if we were fighting for the title and in the CL every year, then maybe we will start hoovering up our signings early like beetroot face does. It would be better to see the side gel throughout pre-season, although the late injection of goal threat in Ade and midfield industry in Parker needed no warming in period.

Back
Top Bottom