Tromsø v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi SL, do you mean in our last 20 European games? Or UEFA games, or, anyway not sure about these stats?

EDIT - AH I think you were talking about AVB - whereas I was about Spurs.
I'm talking about Spurs!

Played 7 won 7 this year.

Played 12, won 4, drawn 7, lost 1 year.

Then the Shamrock game in 2011/12.

That's our last 20 games in Europe, and we've only lost to Inter Milan in that time.

It does seem we've been completely turned over on that one, indeed the seven we bought look very overpriced overall, though some of course may prove to be value for money etc

Truth be told any striker in a top league with his record of consistently scoring goals over the past few season would cost 25+ mil especially when they're in their prime. The bloke was a goal machine in la liga season after season. Our play is currently absolute dross so it's no surprise he's only scored 6 goals so far, even today against a pub team we could barely open them up.

Truth be told any striker in a top league with his record of consistently scoring goals over the past few season would cost 25+ mil especially when they're in their prime. The bloke was a goal machine in la liga season after season. Our play is currently absolute dross so it's no surprise he's only scored 6 goals so far, even today against a pub team we could barely open them up.
whether he will ever work in our system or we develop a system that suits him remains to be seen.
with his record his talent is unquestionable but we better make it work soon or were going to be screwed..

Holtby always adds a huge spark and sense of urgency to our play which we sorely lacked until he came on. I like him in the number 10 role behind the striker rather than deeper in midfield as he is a good in and around the box, however
Dembele also made a claim for this role tonight on his two runs into the box, reminded me of his Fulham days...

I think we need to stop playing two defensive/holding midfielders and just have one (i.e. Sandro) sitting just in front of the back four allowing the other midfielder, be it Paulinho or Dembele to maraud forwards. Then Eriksen /Holtby in the number 10 role behind the striker with two PROPER wingers none of this inverted winger lark when we have a striker who needs balls put into the box...
That's more our inverted wingers being shite... Either it's townsend who's all huff and puff and no actual contribution (wannabe Bale last season, and so far he's doing a very good impression minus the left foot of a god). Or it's Siggy who's clearly not a winger, never really has been and it shows as he wants to be central, and drifts there too early. if we played Chadli and Lamela as them we'd see much better wing play as they actually understand the role...

whether he will ever work in our system or we develop a system that suits him remains to be seen.
with his record his talent is unquestionable but we better make it work soon or were going to be screwed..

Our new look teams attack without a doubt should be built around Soldado, Lamela and Eriksen. We should be looking to play to their strengths to get them playing to their full potential. It could make or break AVB to be honest. We need to try and hit teams on proper counter attacks without slowing everything down even if we lose the ball more often we've got proper beastly ball winners who can get it right back.

It'd not Soldado it's the poor football brains around him. The only player who has come near to supporting him is Siggs and AVB drops him regular because it's easy. It didn't make sense .

That's more our inverted wingers being shite... Either it's townsend who's all huff and puff and no actual contribution (wannabe Bale last season, and so far he's doing a very good impression minus the left foot of a god). Or it's Siggy who's clearly not a winger, never really has been and it shows as he wants to be central, and drifts there too early. if we played Chadli and Lamela as them we'd see much better wing play as they actually understand the role...

Problem with Siggy is when you play him central he's mostly shite too. Lovely tekkers at times but his creative ability is severely lacking.

Problem with Siggy is when you play him central he's mostly shite too. Lovely tekkers at times but his creative ability is severely lacking.
i think his final ball at times can be brilliant...but also shit
his biggest problem centrally IMO is his lack of agility and quick feet..he cant seem to get enough space and his feet are quick enough to take advantage of it when he does arrive..
ive adovacated selling him before...has a rocket right foot but offers very little else

i think his final ball at times can be brilliant...but also shit
his biggest problem centrally IMO is his lack of agility and quick feet..he cant seem to get enough space and his feet are quick enough to take advantage of it when he does arrive..
ive adovacated selling him before...has a rocket right foot but offers very little else

few and far between

A match like today he was started central against much weaker opposition. He should be absolutely bossing matches like this in his supposed preferred position grabn them by the scruff but he was largely shite. If he can't have stand out matches in these sort of games then he's got next to no hope in the EPL.

few and far between

A match like today he was started central against much weaker opposition. He should be absolutely bossing matches like this in his supposed preferred position grabn them by the scruff but he was largely shite. If he can't have stand out matches in these sort of games then he's got next to no hope in the EPL.
tbh i couldnt quite work out if he was playing centrally, far to often he seem to get the ball on the left...we need a number 10 that stays close to soldado...i want eriksen back!

Can i just say that i stayed away from the forum during the game and it proved to be a much more enjoyable experience, even though the quality of our football is still not good enough...

I usually do the same. I'll come on at half time. Today I came on at the last 20 or so minutes of the second half. I find when posting and reading shit during the match you miss a good bit of the actual match.

tbh i couldnt quite work out if he was playing centrally, far to often he seem to get the ball on the left...we need a number 10 that stays close to soldado...i want eriksen back!

he likes receiving it on the left so he can cut in on the right foot

unless he vastly improves I can't see him being here past this season tbh

he likes receiving it on the left so he can cut in on the right foot

unless he vastly improves I can't see him being here past this season tbh
everytime we start writing him off he pops up with a few goals and gives himself another month or two..
personally i dont think he scores enough for this to be the only reason we keep him, i mean we had dempsey that played exactly the same and we fucked him off.
i agree i think he may well be sold in the summer

I'm talking about Spurs!

Played 7 won 7 this year.

Played 12, won 4, drawn 7, lost 1 year.

Then the Shamrock game in 2011/12.

That's our last 20 games in Europe, and we've only lost to Inter Milan in that time.

Fair play SL, I didn't realise that. We did lose to Basel as well, but without looking it up I guess it must have been two draws,and a loss on away goals. Anyway, yep a great stat, and one that I don't think we get enough credit for, including from me who didn't know it :)

Can i just say that i stayed away from the forum during the game and it proved to be a much more enjoyable experience, even though the quality of our football is still not good enough...

I rarely/never go on forums during games, unless I've given up watching the actual game as I did with City.

I don't get why people do it so much myself, if I'm watching Spurs I want to watch them, then talk about the game afterwards

Fair comments MY. It does seem an awful lot of money for a player who lacks so many attributes, but I take your point.

Back
Top Bottom