Tromsø v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soldado's movement is still excellent. Even tho it was fucking shit team we played, his little run away from Siggy and dragging the defender with him provided the space for Dembele to run into.

If only his team mates could create space for him :paulinhobored:

...you can blame Spurs' poor results on Vert's bad attitude, Rose's injury, or AVB's tactics, but you'd be lying to yourself - the only thing I blame AVB for is bowing to fan, management, and salary $ pressure to play the new signings...Sorry, "Lame"-ela and Sol-"doo-doo" have done NOTHING to justify starting in the PL, and Paulinho is inconsistent at best - stop jacking off to the transfer amounts, stop making excuses, and WATCH THE GAMES - AVB please start Dembele, Siggy, and Ade/JD against MU...
Happy Thanksgiving
COYS

Thought Chiriches was immense tonight. I'd like to see him starting in the RB position with Verts on the left against Manure. Daws and Kaboom in the middle. And Sandro in front. Let them attack do a change and use our speed on the counter with JD, Lennon and Townsend.

Thought Chiriches was immense tonight. I'd like to see him starting in the RB position with Verts on the left against Manure. Daws and Kaboom in the middle. And Sandro in front. Let them attack do a change and use our speed on the counter with JD, Lennon and Townsend.

Dawson should be nowhere near the first team in my opinion...

A bit 'Stoke' though isn't it?

Soldado's movement is still excellent. Even tho it was fucking shit team we played, his little run away from Siggy and dragging the defender with him provided the space for Dembele to run into.

If only his team mates could create space for him :paulinhobored:
Its funny how this Soldado situation is almost the same as the Torres situation. Good striker in their previous club, but is struggling in new club coz no one passes to him.

The excuses are always the same he make space for himself, he drags defenders away, there's more to being a striker than scoring goals etc.

If Soldado isn't scoring he atleast has to bag some assists, coz we didn't pay all that money for an attacking midfielder.

Its funny how this Soldado situation is almost the same as the Torres situation. Good striker in their previous club, but is struggling in new club coz no one passes to him.

The excuses are always the same he make space for himself, he drags defenders away, there's more to being a striker than scoring goals etc.

If Soldado isn't scoring he atleast has to bag some assists, coz we didn't pay all that money for an attacking midfielder.

Yeah I know, but tbh it is an indirect assist and if we work as a team to score I'm not gonna be bothered(fuck I wish we could score more frequently)

I understand your frustrations tho, and I'm getting sick of it, just clutching at straws to find anything positive out of a shitty couple of weeks lol.

Just keep on praying...:avbpray:

It never gets old.
media_httpwwwoffthepo_nHEGu.gif

We've played fine today, took a while to get used to the plastic pitch (don't forget what happened against Young Boys) but never really looked in danger and have eventually broken them down.

Five games five wins in Europe, you can't ask for any more than that.

I can... I wanted SIX wins out of five! :avbcringe:

I usually do the same. I'll come on at half time. Today I came on at the last 20 or so minutes of the second half. I find when posting and reading shit during the match you miss a good bit of the actual match.

finally.jpg

SOMEONE SAID IT!!
@ Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and @ maria should be the only ones allowed to do both... as the rest of us can't multi-task!

Last edited:
Truth be told any striker in a top league with his record of consistently scoring goals over the past few season would cost 25+ mil especially when they're in their prime. The bloke was a goal machine in la liga season after season. Our play is currently absolute dross so it's no surprise he's only scored 6 goals so far, even today against a pub team we could barely open them up.

Thats the problem. When we brought him it was obvious he was a player that thrived on service, it is a requisite of getting the best out of him.

Give him service and he can be amazing, dont and you have 10 men.

Problem with Siggy is when you play him central he's mostly shite too. Lovely tekkers at times but his creative ability is severely lacking.

He needs space, doesnt work well in congested areas. Get him facing goal with some wiggle room and he looks much better.

I think AVB should be able to have these players breaking teams down, but right now its looking unlikely to happen soon.
With that in mind I think we should drop the high line back 10 yards or so and create space that way, bring them out a bit to play through them.

few and far between

A match like today he was started central against much weaker opposition. He should be absolutely bossing matches like this in his supposed preferred position grabn them by the scruff but he was largely shite. If he can't have stand out matches in these sort of games then he's got next to no hope in the EPL.

Then you see that pass through to chadli, 30-40 yard, outside of the boot defence splitting perfection and think "How the hell can I let this guy go anywhere?!"

You just never give up negative negative negative: Sammy and you tag team knockers of the year!
All non blindingly positive happy clappy comments are evil are they?
If you want to be some dumb arsed supporter walking round with a bag over your head, wearing sunglasses, headphones on white noise and blinkers - so that you can avoid whats going on - then I personally will vote for you as the best possible football supporter, ever.
As it happens I am not negative about Spurs, I'm just really concerned that a gifted striker of his pedigree is being dragged down by the ineffective style that the team is playing. He should be scoring against sides like this, not featuring in statistics of this nature.
I would have thought you and arcwelder were the team knockers - you certainly post like a massive pair of tits.

All non blindingly positive happy clappy comments are evil are they?
If you want to be some dumb arsed supporter walking round with a bag over your head, wearing sunglasses, headphones on white noise and blinkers - so that you can avoid whats going on - then I personally will vote for you as the best possible football supporter, ever.
As it happens I am not negative about Spurs, I'm just really concerned that a gifted striker of his pedigree is being dragged down by the ineffective style that the team is playing. He should be scoring against sides like this, not featuring in statistics of this nature.
I would have thought you and arcwelder were the team knockers - you certainly post like a massive pair of tits.
Oh dear . . .

He is right isnt he , who ever made this social spurs police mentality as a standard one. Fuck this , football as a commerce mocks us in every way and if things go south we cant even say what we dont like about it because its not the proper thing to do as a supporter ? You dont have to applaud everything and you dont have to be negative about everything either.

People are allowed to have opinions and peer pressure can go do one. Saying you dont like the way we play is not the same thing as booing the team at half time - perspective people , its worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom