Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked good when he came on for Ireland u21s the other day, hopefully he gets a clean run of health and takes some positive experience from this loan move.

Millwall fan here; He came on for a 14 minute cameo, mis-controlled the ball a few times in very promising attacking areas leading to the break down of attack.
Did okay on a couple of other occassions, in laying the ball off.
When he and another player was substituted in, the momentum off the game changed in Cardiff's favour, not sure if that is to do with his lack of pressuring from the front, or the other useless striker we subbed in who later missed a 1 on 1.

We will gain more knowledge about him with 5/6 more games under his belt, but first glances, he is looking like a disappointing signing. I remember Spurs fans talking him up to play in the first team last year for Mourinho so I was thinking he would be better than what he has shown us in his cameos.

He's only 18/19 years old so I'm not expecting much from him, anything over 6 goals will be a surprise. Personally I think League One would have been a better loan move for him at this age. Also I don't think he has the experience yet to play in our system as being the loan front man. I don't think this was a good move for either party. For obvious reasons I'm hoping I'm wrong, the only thing stopping us from becoming a top 6 side is a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net, (see our chances missed today, they were guilt edge with XG over 0.6 on two separate occasions)

Last edited:
Millwall fan here; He came on for a 14 minute cameo, mis-controlled the ball a few times in very promising attacking areas leading to the break down of attack.
When he and another player was substituted in, the momentum off the game changed in Cardiff's favour, not sure if that is to do with his lack of pressuring from the front, or the other useless striker we subbed in who later missed a 1 on 1.

We will gain more knowledge about him with 5/6 more games under his belt, but first glances, he is looking like a disappointing signing. I remember Spurs fans talking him up to play in the first team last year for Mourinho so I was thinking he would be better than what he has shown us in his cameos.

He's only 18/19 years old so I'm not expecting much from him, anything over 6 goals will be a surprise. Personally I think League One would have been a better loan move for him at this age. Also I don't think he has the experience yet to play in our system as being the loan front man. I don't think this was a good move for either party. For obvious reasons I'm hoping I'm wrong, the only thing stopping us from becoming a top 6 side is a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net, (see our chances missed today, they were guilt edge with XG over 0.6 on two separate occasions)

Give him time, just back after injury so no surprise he's not match fit after only a couple of appearances for Ireland last week - and this is only his 2nd appearance for Millwall (his first being 2 months ago in September) and in total he's played less than 90 minutes for your club.

He's been unlucky to get crocked just after his first Millwall appearance so for most footballers its going to be after a minimum of half a dozen or a dozen games at a new club that most footballers start to show what he can do,

And you'd have found the same issue whether you had signed Parrott or anybody else last summer.

Thanks for coming and posting - we like feedback on our youngsters on loans but it can take time.

FYI, when Kane came to Millwall, you tried him out on the wing and as a CM for about 10 games, which was good for him to see how Millwall played but not his real position. Good news is he was then switched to being support striker.....and he then became a 1 goal in 2 games striker on the way to becoming the striker/No 10 that he is today. Which is why we know it takes time to settle in, frustrating though it might be for supporters

Will take 5/6 games for sure to see if he's any good; he's not getting any flack, that's been saved for our useless Icelandic striker who is intent on missing every good chance that is created for him.

Our expectations were raised for him (Brewster at Swansea helped that), but I think most Millwall fans are now thinking that he probably won't have the same impact that Brewster had at Swansea in powering them to the play-offs. Brewster was 20/21 as well, it's easy to forget the difference 2 years could make at that age.

Playing striker in our 5-3-2 system isn't easy though, we barely create any chances so Troy will have his work cut out for him.

I hope he starts upfront in our next matches, mainly because our current crop of strikers would struggle to get a game in League One. The spot is there for him to make his own as well, and if he comes good we will finish in the top 6.

This is so disappointing to hear. We had high hopes for him and were expecting him to come on, score a hatrick, including at least one overhead kick. Would you be prepared to pay ten quid for him? It'll help cut our losses and he's obviously not gonna make it at the top level.

Starts up top tonight for us which I'm happy about; Will only be able to watch first 30 minutes before going to work myself.

Our line up is pretty rubbish tonight due to injuries though; very defensive minded so I doubt Parrott will get any chances; will be more interesting to see his hold up play.

Parrott subbed off after 60 odd minutes tonight. Did well enough, few decent bits of play and ran back to turn over possession 2 or 3 times. Nothing too impressive and nothing negative really. Both teams look pretty bad tbh (allowing for Milwall fans comment that they're missing a few through injury)

Back
Top Bottom