Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent! I looked at a Millwall forum, they seem pretty happy with his performance:

I liked the way Parrott linked play and after a couple of games he could be up to match fitness.
I think Parrott looked very good and bodes well for the future. He is a clever player and I can see him scoring and assisting for us.
I thought early on Parrott coming short, turning and trying to play 1-2s looked promising and perhaps we can build on that but I think it’s going to be a long season :shake:
Another draw. We should. yet again, have won that game. Same old story. At least Parrott got some game time and he looked good. Squad getting very stretched with injuries.
Parrott with Jed and Thommo up front is a good front three with goals in all of them.
Great goal and good time to score, Parrott looked well happy, good to see.
Parrott not looking too bad, but you can tell he is a player that has not had a lot of game time.
Playing miles better than Saturday. Parrott looking decent. As ever, we need a goal.

Sounds like a tough/not-very-creative team for a striker to find goals in, but just playing regularly will be good for him :thumbup:

Excellent! I looked at a Millwall forum, they seem pretty happy with his performance:

Sounds like a tough/not-very-creative team for a striker to find goals in, but just playing regularly will be good for him :thumbup:
I actually don't mind him playing in a team that doesn't create a load of chances.
Will be good experience for him having to graft against bigger bodies trying to create something for himself.

I actually don't mind him playing in a team that doesn't create a load of chances.
Will be good experience for him having to graft against bigger bodies trying to create something for himself.

And hone his skills in front of goal. Any manager will say the difference in the premier league for strikers being clinical is a big step up from the leagues below. You have to take your chances or you get punished.

Based on the listed formation, looks like he was playing on left of a front three. Interesting.

Based on the listed formation, looks like he was playing on left of a front three. Interesting.
Yeah mostly on the left. Pressed well enough, gave away a few silly frees, first touch and passing was good, carried the ball well twice. Almost had a tap in at the back post but for a good defensive intervention. Looked decent, as well as could be expected of an 18yo in a Burnleyish side. Really bad game though, lots of long balls, corners and throw-ins.

He looks technically to be one of our better players; quick footwork and seems to be able to spot a pass. Will easily carve out a career at Championship level which isn't always a given for highly rated young players. He took a few shots from distance today how of frustration I feel, the second one had potential but was deflected wide. It would have been nice to have a 2 year loan deal rather than 1 though as I feel like next year he'll kick on a lot with the experience.

He's been given the Son role so to speak; on the left wing, not sure it suits his skillset but he's doing okay.

Playing alongside Bodvarsson doesn't help anyone, he may start for Iceland but that says more about how bad Iceland are than Bodvarsson, he wouldn't get a game in League One. 2 goals in 15 matches for our strikers combined now sums up how desperate we are for a goalscorer.

Our system kills any attacking play though which doesn't help any of the creative players. Hopefully we will switch back to 4-2-3-1 in our home matches, especially with fans being allowed in for the Derby home match. A lot of anger and frustration is starting to show with all these draws and little attacking play.

Not much more to say; as we just look terrible due to the formation and system.

He looks technically to be one of our better players; quick footwork and seems to be able to spot a pass. Will easily carve out a career at Championship level which isn't always a given for highly rated young players. He took a few shots from distance today how of frustration I feel, the second one had potential but was deflected wide. It would have been nice to have a 2 year loan deal rather than 1 though as I feel like next year he'll kick on a lot with the experience.

He's been given the Son role so to speak; on the left wing, not sure it suits his skillset but he's doing okay.

Playing alongside Bodvarsson doesn't help anyone, he may start for Iceland but that says more about how bad Iceland are than Bodvarsson, he wouldn't get a game in League One. 2 goals in 15 matches for our strikers combined now sums up how desperate we are for a goalscorer.

Our system kills any attacking play though which doesn't help any of the creative players. Hopefully we will switch back to 4-2-3-1 in our home matches, especially with fans being allowed in for the Derby home match. A lot of anger and frustration is starting to show with all these draws and little attacking play.

Thanks for the write-up! Sorry you guys are having so much trouble on the attacking side :( but I suppose a young striker being forced to figure out how to create for himself/others instead of getting easy service is also good for his development.

Watched the game till Parrott was subed and taught he was your best player, but the team really could do more to help him. At some point it seemed it was everyone for themselves, players avoiding good passes to try to do something alone. Also very slow in the transitions, the players don't link the play fast enough to break the defence so your players were always well marked.

Watched the game till Parrott was subed and taught he was your best player, but the team really could do more to help him. At some point it seemed it was everyone for themselves, players avoiding good passes to try to do something alone. Also very slow in the transitions, the players don't link the play fast enough to break the defence so your players were always well marked.

That's what you get for an average Championship side I guess; Woods was probably our best player tonight (although paradoxically he was the reason we lost when he dribbled into traffic in the 92nd minute...). Parrott was definitely one of our more technically and confident players. (Maradona would have been proud of tonight; 3 clear handballs in the penalty box by Blackburn players, punching the ball away from crosses, one of their defenders started playing basketball at the end and blocking a shot going on target :D, still wouldn't like VAR in the Championship regardless. )

We are playing rock bottom Derby on Saturday; I hope we go more attacking with 4-2-3-1 with Parrott up top as the number 1; I doubt it though.

Our line up tonight though was a far cry from our strongest starting 11.

It's a difficult season to keep players fit though; playing a game every 3/4 days is taking its toll on all Championship squads. We are having a mounting injury list, Norwich's injury list is getting ridiculous as well; with only 2 professionals on their bench tonight away to Luton.

I don't gamble anymore (Not after Tottenham away to Antwerp where I done my marbles), but anyone who does think they can predict Championship games this year should stay well away given how every club is finding it difficult to field a normal starting 11 with fatigue and injuries.

Last edited:
He took a few shots from distance today how of frustration
It's been a while since I've last seen him but he was very Harry Kane esque in his ability to shoot medium to long range, good power and placement with very little windup needed. He tended to go for the top corner as opposed to Kane's low and into the corner.

He might have backed himself to get one in.

On the bench today for Millwall unfortunately.

Less said about his cameo, the better; Apply that to the rest of our team as well.

Maybe apart from our youngster we bought on who did show some promising moments. Understandably at this stage, I would prefer if we gave more game time to our youngster than Parrott.

When you see Greenwoods goal just now who is 3 months older than Parrott. It's difficult to make a case that Parrott is a future superstar. He'll probably end up having a career like Ashley Barnes, Charlie Austin or Chris Wood which is still a success for an academy product. I don't think he'll reach the required standards for Spurs though.

Less said about his cameo, the better; Apply that to the rest of our team as well.

Maybe apart from our youngster we bought on who did show some promising moments. Understandably at this stage, I would prefer if we gave more game time to our youngster than Parrott.

When you see Greenwoods goal just now who is 3 months older than Parrott. It's difficult to make a case that Parrott is a future superstar. He'll probably end up having a career like Ashley Barnes, Charlie Austin or Chris Wood which is still a success for an academy product. I don't think he'll reach the required standards for Spurs though.

He's absolutely nothing like those players you mention. He's a Teddy Sheringham or even Kane type player, who works best with pace alongside him. It seems a very ill thought out loan. Millwall must play the most turgid football in the Western Hemisphere. You'd have been better off loaning 6ft 6 Kion Etete and you could pump long balls and crosses into him all game. Better for all parties if the loan is cancelled and a football team is found for him.

Interesting.

I imagine Harry Kane was probably touted in the same way when he was at Millwall (I am aware he won your YPOTY?) but he was also nowhere near Greenwoods ability at the same age.

Back
Top Bottom