Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Played alright today against very poor opposition. His general play was good, took the ball with a man at his back and made a pass, a few times taking it on the turn and driving central, had 2/3 very good passes/touches in the game. 3 shots off target as well, one was pretty good from outside the box, and one very poor free kick. He was not good at standing up a defender and taking him on. Looked closer to full fitness than he has all season, moved quite well and hopefully he keeps improving over the next few weeks.

Starting tonight.

We're currently 1-0 down; for the fans who claim we don't create chances for him...

55th minute, Jed Wallace breaks down the right wing with one defender left. Parrott's anticipation of the attacking move was lacking leaving him behind where he should have been from the left wing.

Jed Wallace managed to find him with the cross, Parrott had a lot to do from that position, but his control was straight into the two Bournemouth defenders rather than away into space.

If he read the situation earlier, he would have been in a more advanced position, meaning Wallace could have had an easy cut back for an easy tap in (its not the first time this move has happened where Parrott was slow to read what was happening meaning he wasn't there for a tap in ala Ruud Van Nistelrooy style). Also away to Sheff Wednesday earlier in the season was a similar position where Parrott was slow to react and couldn't get on the end of a cutback.

He doesn't seem to have the natural ability of an out and out striker to see a situation developing and anticipate what will happen. It's difficult to create chance for someone who doesn't try or anticipate the play.

When you look at the National team for England it's full of players who were stand out players in either the Premiership/Bundesliga or Championship at 17/18/19 years old (Tammy Abraham was a different class at times when he was 18 at Bristol City). He'll probably reach the same levels as Andros Townsend at this rate, but even then Andros was a difference maker at this level when he was 19 years old; when we gave him the ball he took the piss out of the defenders sometimes.

He came with a lot of hype, and with that comes a lot of pressure. As an 18 year old he must be feeling that at the moment, he's not been bad for us at this point, just hasn't been good. At this point he doesn't seem overly interested, a shame he hasn't returned as I think it would be beneficial for everyone concerned at this point.

Bournemouth are second in the champ.
Millwall are 6 points off the drop zone having scored 19 goals in 22 games, 3rd worst in the division.
Troy is still on the pitch after 77 mins so the manager does not seem to have a better option.
Good learning experience for the 18 year old.
Edit: CCV on the bench for B'mouth.

Yeah; we scored when he came off, the striker who came in anticipated the knock on and stuck it in the back of the net. That is being unfair, we did create chances when he was on the pitch off course, of which he didn't have a part in.

We gave our right back a debut today who is 22 years old, his first start in England; in 90 minutes he created more chances (2) than Troy has in 11 league appearances from the left wing.

I think his game time is more to do with the manager being under pressure to give him game time at this point to not upset Tottenham for potential further loan deals.

I'm being generous on his performances compared to most Millwall fans. It was like playing with ten men tonight with him on the pitch.

His mentality looks shit as well; walks around not caring, a previous game he passed it out of play; 5 yards in front of our defender, turned around and berated our club captain; despite it being his fault. He's out of his depth and needs to go back to youth football/a lower division.

There was a discussion recently on the forum if he has been our worse loan signing in recent times. He has a lot of competition though, but if his performances don't improve over the next 2/3 months, he will go down as the worse.

Such is life in the last year and leaving the house isn't encouraged, I have time to post with nothing else to do sadly.

Terrible team performance in which about 5 of our players were useless, and our formation invites performances in which we concede more chances than create. You're not really interested in those points though, so onto Troy.

I think Troy's time here was summed up in the first half when he was played through. It wasn't the easiest of chance with the ball falling onto his left foot. It was a nice run by Troy to get into the position.

He completely mis-hit the ball from about 8 yards out at an angle to the goal, but the ball fell into into his path. He was stood up by the defender, in which he managed to mis-kick it again, as the defender was off balance, the ball ricocheted back into his path to give him a third attempt. He cut back to find a Millwall player on the edge of the area, only to completely overhit his pass while being under very little pressure to set Forest away on a counter attack. There were 2 Millwall players to choose from with his pass, both who were under no pressure and he found neither.

2 mis-hits, 1 badly placed pass in the space of 7 seconds.

He also mis-controlled easy passes about 3 times in the game which is a common occurrence for him at the moment. I think players are hesitating in passing to him now as it's not guaranteed that he'll be able to control a pass.

He did have shot in anger from edge of the area on his left foot that went over.

Hopefully he is re-called sooner than later, it feels like he is only being played due to an agreement between the clubs, he has done nothing on the pitch to justify it at the moment.

Such is life in the last year and leaving the house isn't encouraged, I have time to post with nothing else to do sadly.

Terrible team performance in which about 5 of our players were useless, and our formation invites performances in which we concede more chances than create. You're not really interested in those points though, so onto Troy.

I think Troy's time here was summed up in the first half when he was played through. It wasn't the easiest of chance with the ball falling onto his left foot. It was a nice run by Troy to get into the position.

He completely mis-hit the ball from about 8 yards out at an angle to the goal, but the ball fell into into his path. He was stood up by the defender, in which he managed to mis-kick it again, as the defender was off balance, the ball ricocheted back into his path to give him a third attempt. He cut back to find a Millwall player on the edge of the area, only to completely overhit his pass while being under very little pressure to set Forest away on a counter attack. There were 2 Millwall players to choose from with his pass, both who were under no pressure and he found neither.

He also mis-controlled easy passes about 3 times in the game which is a common occurrence for him at the moment. I think players are hesitating in passing to him now as it's not guaranteed that he'll be able to control a pass.

He did have shot in anger from edge of the area on his left foot that went over.

Hopefully he is re-called sooner than later, it feels like he is only being played due to an agreement between the clubs, he has done nothing on the pitch to justify it at the moment.
Really appreciate you making the continual effort to come on here and update us (even if it's mostly bad news).

My only solace is having watched a relatively unknown Harry Kane play in a friendly at my local club Colchester many years ago, and thinking "he's too indecisive, he'll never make it at the top level". 😆

Yeah; we scored when he came off, the striker who came in anticipated the knock on and stuck it in the back of the net. That is being unfair, we did create chances when he was on the pitch off course, of which he didn't have a part in.

We gave our right back a debut today who is 22 years old, his first start in England; in 90 minutes he created more chances (2) than Troy has in 11 league appearances from the left wing.

I think his game time is more to do with the manager being under pressure to give him game time at this point to not upset Tottenham for potential further loan deals.

I'm being generous on his performances compared to most Millwall fans. It was like playing with ten men tonight with him on the pitch.

His mentality looks shit as well; walks around not caring, a previous game he passed it out of play; 5 yards in front of our defender, turned around and berated our club captain; despite it being his fault. He's out of his depth and needs to go back to youth football/a lower division.

There was a discussion recently on the forum if he has been our worse loan signing in recent times. He has a lot of competition though, but if his performances don't improve over the next 2/3 months, he will go down as the worse.
Some players do well on loan and others don’t. No doubt Troy is struggling at the moment. Won’t do him any harm.
Emil Smith- Rowe struggled at Huddersfield but now he is playing with players who can play, he’s looking good.
I have no doubt Troy will come good.

Thanks for coming to post updates on Parrott - even though I don't like the contents.

Parrott will know his time with Millwall is a significant chance for him so I'd hope and expect he will start producing some results for you (and him), shame he missed much of the early part of the season with injury otherwise those results might have started earlier.

Back
Top Bottom