Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's way too soon to write him off. Some players just need the spark of a team that fits and a little luck. And more time. Kane's development was just freakish, he can't be compared to other players.

Yeah think most people didn't fancy Kane that much when he was out on loan so won't right him off yet.

I don't think Norwich makes any sense for him, they can't afford to give him minutes as they are trying to gain promotion.

If he is struggling to contribute to Millwall, he will get nothing at Norwich.

If he is moving it seems a drop down a level makes more sense then having him move to a team which would make it even harder for him to get minutes.

In all honesty I've watched him a fair bit and the idea he will become a top player seems very very fanciful. He isn't to my mind that special.
I get where you're coming from, there's moments in games where he looks hopeless, especially when he tries to take on a RB. At the same time, I've seen enough in his touch (which is inconsistant) movement and especially his passing to know there's a good player there. It's a bad loan, no doubt, but he's at a club that plays hopeless football and the fans seem fairly sick of the coach. Parrott has been decent enough in some of the games and poor in others. I'd look to loan him to a League 1 side where he can get his confidence back and hopefully play through the middle and score goals in men's football. He's only 18, has a strong build, quicker than I thought and an exceptional goal scorer at youth level, I'd not be losing hope in him yet. He mightn't even become a striker good enough to play for us regularly, but he can definitely be a Brewster type we can sell on for good money.

Millwall have only beaten fucking Boreham Wood in their last 10 games, 600 minutes is less than 7 full games and Parrott was coming back from an injury at his first time in full competitive football away from Tottenham...at 18.

Maybe they're actually shite?

If you are playing Parrott at left side of a 3 then there is no surprise he isn't doing well.

In all the games I've seen him play for the youth team he plays as the main centre forward. That's all he knows at the moment. Until he develops his game to play in other positions, his output will be low.

They have suspended the National league North and South. How long before National League and League 1&2 get suspended as these clubs have no money coming in. The Championship will survive with TV money and so he best stay where he is.

In normal times, with their crowd especially, I'd say Millwall is a good loan. To play there, in front of them, is in some ways an acid test to judge if a player will shrink or develop. He alluded to that as part of reason for his joining in the intro video. From stats so far and the considered views from the Millwall poster , it doesn't look great so far. Maybe getting their crowd would've inspired him.
Attitude has been mentioned by many, and photos with the son of the kinahans, who he grew up with, doesn't help, but I'm wary of judgement on that as Dele is judged in same photos and manner.

Comparing with Townsend, think he did well in some games, especially on the break which suited his game His stats weren't great all the time.
Just after that, due to a relative of mine playing for Millwall and me watching 15-20 games a year, I knew Kane was our player but never saw anything in him whilst playing for Millwall; looked slow, not often in the game, do now recognise the trademark shift the ball quickly and get the shot off that he displayed especially in early days with us, but that was all, and couldn't see him making it and wouldn't have been upset if he'd gone to club he'd got young player of the year, despite not tearing it up there.
It was said at the time, that he was highly rated by Tottenham and would stay; a view kept despite other loans which weren't great . From watching my relative play with him, I remember how under Jackett, the ball would arrive fast and in the air if at all; few passages of play. I watched the last half hour of Millwall today, and they only put together one passage of play. Not much had changed. Parrott was off for that time, but obviously hadn't warranted staying on.

Thinking back, some clubs at the time, and how they played, didn't suit the loan.

Jury's out still for me, but over riding memory is that despite my reservations to the extent that I didn't care if Kane stayed with us after 20 viewings, it was only when my (gooner) relative, team mate of his, who unprompted, said ' I'll tell ya who's gonna be a player for you. .Harry Kane.. great touch'. Not many would've agreed with him at the time, but gives me some faith in respecting the professionals' views.

If he keeps getting selected then it will be a great learning experience.
It's loans where the player only gets a few if any minutes which are the useless ones.
Didn't get a chance to watch him yesterday and next game up is Watford on Tuesday where he is unlikely to get a chance to shine. (Shame Troy could not have been on the end of Clarke's crosses yesterday)!
Hopefully can get a stream for the Cardiff game on Saturday if he is selected.

Yeah think most people didn't fancy Kane that much when he was out on loan so won't right him off yet.
Could probably list 200 players that were under 20 years old that people said the same thing about.
Law of averages suggests one or 2 will suddenly step up and show their worth.

Just watching Chelsea v Luton.

I know a lad who signed pro terms with luton last year. A couple of years ago he was just another 16 year old. Crazy to think he is now so close to Ealing on the pitch with full international players.
He’s learning his trade in the development team at the moment rather than the first team.

But a Reminder watching them play at this pace / level how difficult it is for an 18 year old to make that jump from youth to men’s football.

The difference in physicality and know how is just so big.
You really do have to be a special player to make that step up at that age in the premier league.

Just watching Chelsea v Luton.

I know a lad who signed pro terms with luton last year. A couple of years ago he was just another 16 year old. Crazy to think he is now so close to Ealing on the pitch with full international players.
He’s learning his trade in the development team at the moment rather than the first team.

But a Reminder watching them play at this pace / level how difficult it is for an 18 year old to make that jump from youth to men’s football.

The difference in physicality and know how is just so big.
You really do have to be a special player to make that step up at that age in the premier league.
Might I ask who that is?

This Millwall fan gives quite unbiased opinions on matches, first time I've seen him Criticize Parrott on the 4 minute 20 seconds. Makes the same points I've made.

Parrott played centrally yesterday and has played centrally in some games for us; but as he doesn't offer much centrally, he can only find minutes on the left wing.

One moment I forgot yesterday when the ball came to him, about 10 yards outside the area, and he was running towards goal. He had what is at this level an easy pass out to his left to play in our winger for the byline.

The resulting pass was overhit forcing the winger wider than he should have gone, allowing Bristol City to flood the box with defenders meaning we couldn't create a chance. It's these kind of plays that happen too often with Parrott.

He also completely bottled a tackle a couple of times, if there was a full stadium, that would have been greeted with shouts of anger.

The only wins we've had recently in the league as been when Parrott has been dropped.

This is what a top top top class player looks like in the Championship at 17

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom