Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to him; I'm sure he will make it as a Championship/Premiership striker in the future, something in the mold of Shane Long/Chris Wood/Charlie Austin.

A shame that he couldn't make it here as we need a goalscorer (again on Saturday we created two great chances XG > 0.3; the second one had an XG of about 0.7) but our striker failed to score. Parrott's problem was being able to get into those positions to score even when he played upfront.

League One is a massive step down these days from the Championship so he should be able to thrive there.

Good luck to him; I'm sure he will make it as a Championship/Premiership striker in the future, something in the mold of Shane Long/Chris Wood/Charlie Austin.

A shame that he couldn't make it here as we need a goalscorer (again on Saturday we created two great chances XG > 0.3; the second one had an XG of about 0.7) but our striker failed to score. Parrott's problem was being able to get into those positions to score even when he played upfront.

League One is a massive step down these days from the Championship so he should be able to thrive there.
Thanks for your updates about Troy.
Au revoir.

Parrott, 18, made 14 appearances while on loan at Millwall earlier this season before being recalled by Spurs.
The Republic of Ireland international could make his Town debut against Blackpool on Saturday.

Parrott's last appearance for Spurs came off the substitutes bench in an FA Cup fifth round defeat by Norwich City on penalties in March.

“I’m happy to be here at a big club with good players and I’m excited to join for the second half of the season. It’s deadline day so it had to be done quickly but it went as smoothly as it could."

“Everyone can see the league table and where we are, with a couple of games in hand on some teams. Hopefully we can push for the promotion spots and I can score some goals. I love a challenge and I prefer to take that on than walk away, so I’m excited to get going."

“I work hard and score goals, that’s what’s got me to where I am today and I don’t plan on stopping now. I’m ready to go and feel match sharp. I can play off the left and behind the striker but I’ve grown up as a striker, wearing No.9."

“My first session (on Monday) was good and I enjoyed meeting the lads and the coaches and there were plenty of finishing drills, which is something I always want to do as a striker."

“I spoke to them (Lee O’Neill and Paul Lambert) before I came and got the right feeling off the two of them, which is why I’m here now."

“I know Alan Judge, Aaron Drinan and Mark McGuinness from Ireland camps but it seems like a group of good lads here who have made me feel welcome straight away."

“I had a couple of injuries while I was [at Millwall] so, for the first couple of months, I was stop-start really, but once I got going I enjoyed it there,"

“The lads at Millwall are good and the manager and coaches were great, so it might not have gone as well as we planned at the start. But I learnt a lot which I can hopefully take with me.”

CalmGleamingAlabamamapturtle-max-1mb.gif

Back
Top Bottom