Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's developed a lot physically since he last turned out for us. I watched him tonight and he looked like a man not a boy from the academy. He looked powerful.

Hopefully he can impress this summer and get a loan or even minutes in the Conference League.

Anyone get to watch him much in the Champo last season? I just checked his stats and he got 2 goals in about 30 games so wondering what the evaluation of him is?
Watched him probably 15 times. Not as bad as made out, but had a few stinkers and goal return wasn't great. Plenty of ability, maybe a bit of "too much too soon" in terms of a young lad being paid above what he's mature enough to deal with imo, get the sense he took his eye off the ball a little.

Not sure what his ceiling is, I do think he'll be a PL player. Definitely another loan this coming season and probably another after that. Touch can be heavy, needs to contest high balls better, was awful at taking on his man at times..... but he has good playmaking ability, good finisher, strong, a bit quicker than I expected him to be, good workrate/press. Hopefully it clicks for him next season.

New Spurs head coach Nuno Espirito Santo does occasionally switch to playing with two up front but mostly prefers a lone front man with wingers either side.

Last season brought two very tough but educational loan moves for him as he began the campaign at Millwall in the Championship and then dropped down to League One in January to play for Ipswich.

The young Irishman got plenty of game time under his belt, playing as a support striker, out wide on occasions or up front alone on others.

For someone so prolific in front of goal in youth matches, both loans were an eye-opener for the teenager as to just how much he will have to adapt to and learn the senior game.

While he clearly has the skill and a growing physicality to his game, there is more to that in being a goal scorer at senior level with the nous that brings the required movement.

He was unable to score for Millwall in his 13 appearances across London, while he scored twice at the level below in 18 games for Ipswich.

Parrott did end the season with a landmark though as he netted his first senior goals for the Republic of Ireland, scoring twice to turn around a friendly against Andorra.

It is just the start of Parrott's journey into senior football, having made his debut for Tottenham the previous season in the Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

While he was the interim head coach at Tottenham, Mason was asked about Parrott's development.

"Troy has gone out on loan this season and he's been exposed to something he's never been exposed to," he explained.

"The club obviously believes in him, we believe in him. He's obviously had some difficult moments but that's absolutely normal. That's normal."

Parrott was gifted with plenty of natural talent and that's why Tottenham fought off competition from plenty of other Premier League clubs to bring him over from Dublin-based youth team Belvedere.

Espirito Santo worked with 18-year-old striker Fabio Silva at Wolves last season, who as one of Portugal's most talented teenagers still found the English game a whole new experience, and the new Spurs boss will want to take a closer look at Parrott before any final decision is made about the Irishman.

Didn't see the LO game - was he any good?

Is he shit now or still the next Harry Kane?

He's still just a kid, nowhere near ready for PL action. He only came on with all the academy players for the last half hour against LO so can't really judge him.

Scarlett has looked much better than Troy did in his first team cameos despite being a couple of years younger.

I don't want to judge too much on the Orient game. But my one thing that I noticed is that compared to Dane Troy is nowhere near as mobile. Seems a more stationary, wrestle with the CBs kind of striker compared to Dane.

Still it's worrying for him that he appears to be falling behind Scarlett in the hype train pecking order.

Maybe he just isn't what he appeared to be when breaking through?
He's obviously still talented. But he wouldn't be the first kid to excel at youth level and then struggle with the move up to senior level.

Another loan will probably do him good.

He's obviously still talented. But he wouldn't be the first kid to excel at youth level and then struggle with the move up to senior level.

Another loan will probably do him good.

If like you say he's more of a physical/box striker then he'll naturally transition to adult football later as he'll be waiting for his physical attribute to evolve/adapt; having had the upper hand on that front as a youth.

.....Whereas someone who's game is more built on movement and technique; their skillset will likely transition smoother in the early stages of that 'leap'.

Good news on the loan, hopefully he does well there.
I think we need to get more of these youngsters out on loan to play competitive minutes in the men's game. That will be much more beneficial to them than hanging around the first team for the odd ECL game.

Not convinced by him never have been. He could do with a bit more every thing...height pace mobility skill power shooting. Mind you bar the height the last player I saw with that set of deficiencies turned out to be a beast. Can't see lightning striking twice

Last edited:
Perhaps he should spend a bit less time hanging around with Irish criminal pond-life and their off-spring and a bit more time working on his game and he might develop into a player.

Otherwise i can see a wasted talent here.

Back
Top Bottom