Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's 20 and has just averaged less than a goal every 4 games in the Championship. Chances are he isn't making it here . Not everyone can and will do a Harry Kane.

From what bit I've seen of him he's a decent finisher but has a very basic overall game. But being a decent finisher is surely the least you would expect from any striker at any level.

The article just said football’s development isn’t linear.

Come back and let me know how Jamie Vardy and Didier Drogba were doing age 20. Probably called decent finishers and that’s about it. But they were willing to learn and improve I bet. And both had PL careers that went into their 30s.

He’s got time on his side if he gets his attitude right.

And people were writing Kane off as a spurs player at 20. (Not that we should expect Troy to be another once in a generation footballer either).

He's 20 and has just averaged less than a goal every 4 games in the Championship. Chances are he isn't making it here . Not everyone can and will do a Harry Kane.

From what bit I've seen of him he's a decent finisher but has a very basic overall game. But being a decent finisher is surely the least you would expect from any striker at any level.
I don’t think Kane was prolific for Leyton orient , Norwich or Leicester . He’s on loan to learn is he not?

He doesn't need to be the next Harry K to be good enough to have a good career at Spurs.

Hearing how he felt he wasted a year through not being professional enough - well that's enough for me to deduce that he DOES now have the right attitude. Along with luck, the most important ingredient.

In the 2nd part of this season, he really has revamped his game. In the last 10 matches he's got about 5 goals I think? Which is no surprise to MK Dons fans and watchers. He's been throwing himself around the pitch, chasing down through balls, defenders, the keeper. So much so that when the goals started coming the fans were delighted for him. They'd felt he really deserved it. I should think the team really appreciate him too, they weren't even in contention for play off places till TP started his run of goals and assists.

I think he's got a very good chance of making a good career in the game, and with a bit of luck it'll be with Spurs.

Oh its that one who disrespect the club.l looking out for a kid that he owes nothing. Not supprised at all at Ben Davis he is a good bloke. But I was repeatedly told that mad Serge Aurier was a really good team mate. I really hope now the penny has dropped Troy becomes a star for us.

The article just said football’s development isn’t linear.

Come back and let me know how Jamie Vardy and Didier Drogba were doing age 20. Probably called decent finishers and that’s about it. But they were willing to learn and improve I bet. And both had PL careers that went into their 30s.

He’s got time on his side if he gets his attitude right.

And people were writing Kane off as a spurs player at 20. (Not that we should expect Troy to be another once in a generation footballer either).

Well of course there will also be the odd exception. From what I've seen of him he's got little that's natural in his game to be excited about. But that doesn't mean I or anyone should be writing him off yet, of course.

What a great result but ending in frustration!! Plymouth were in 6th place, so in the play off places. Hadn't conceded a goal at home for ages but MKD went there and smacked them 5-0. Annoyingly Rotherham got an away win too at Gills. Sending them up and GFC down. That battering knocked PA out of the play off places and now MKD will face Wycombe. Beaten them 1-0 both matches this season.

Other play off semi, Sheff Weds v Sunderland.

Sheff Weds look the form team at the mo, including a recent win at MKD.

Gold:
Troy Parrott got another 90 minutes under his belt as MK Dons missed out on automatic promotion from League One despite their 5-0 win at Plymouth Argyle.

The 20-year-old Irishman earned a 7.5 in the MK Citizen's player ratings with the write-up: "Didn't get as many chances as he would have liked but came close with an excellently taken volley in the first half. Tripped at the key moment when one-on-one in the second."

Parrott will now face the experience of play-offs with a semi-final first leg at Wycombe on Thursday night and the second leg back at Milton Keynes on Sunday. The young striker did score against Wanderers earlier in the season.

Parrott has played 45 times this season for MK Dons and scored nine goals and provided seven assists in a productive loan spell.

Live football on Sky Sports

Wycombe vs MK Dons - League One play-off semi-final first leg, kick-off 7.45pm

I've had a bet on Troy scoring tonight - 7/2 Anytime goal scorer.

MK Dons were well beaten 2-0 tonight. Troy barely touched the ball.
WW have big lumps up front and MK try a passing game.
2nd leg is 18:30 on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom