Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not their first choice side tbh and Huddersfield didn't have a great side out, player I rate started and scored twice for PNE. Doesn't start often in the league for some reason.

Its the first round of the Carabou (or EFL) cup.

Most/all of the sides competing will have put out sides with a mix from their first team squad - probably those requiring game time, those who have done well in pre-season but not regularly in first team plus a nucleus from the 'first team' (recognising its beginning of season so who's in the first team may still be fluid in some positions).

And a good few of their sides rotated up to the 5 player max at 45/60 minutes or so - for similar reasons to the above.

So PNE are pretty typical in their team selection (few if any playing a nailed on first team) . Parrott gets in as its a great opportunity for PNE to play him in a first team squad game and see him link up with them as well as see his own talents in a first team game, without risk of dropping Championship points.

So PNE are probably pretty happy with his performance last night - aside from getting his first goal (takes pressure off) he put in a decent effort and showed he's a good enough player to compete at this level - this is his 3rd games (first one only 12 mins) against Championship level opposition, with all teams only just about out of pre-season mode and into full competition mode. Its a good position to be in for Parrott - scored PNE's FIRST competitive goal of season which sparked PNE into scoring four goals and that will not be forgotten by PNE.

I think the Preston move will be perfect for him...

Good old fashioned historical club...
Play in the same colours as us...

and I expect him to come back wearing a Bowler hat on Gentry Day ..
Proper Club!

I think the Preston move will be perfect for him...

Good old fashioned historical club...
Play in the same colours as us...

and I expect him to come back wearing a Bowler hat on Gentry Day ..
Proper Club!
Some good BTL comments. "Deserved that from his first 2 performances" sort of thing

EFL/Carabou cup - next round w/c 22 August :
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Preston North End
Good practice for Parrott to face a PL side

Totally forgot that Troy has already played in the EPL for us 2019-20. Just for few minutes as late subs.

He had a few shots at goal today, he forced the keeper to make a save for the first one and the other was straight at the keeper. He had a thankless task today, it was a rear guard action from Preston and he hardly got any service, he was taken off at 90 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom