Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didnt see the match but agree that he needs to score more if he wants to be a centre forward. Looks a good player though but i wonder if he'll end up becoming more of a support striker/wing forward.
Yeah I’ve been wondering the same.
Think he's had a 1 on 1 with the keeper pretty much every game so far but just lacked the composure to put them away. Been very good in other aspects of his game though
If he’d been finishing his chances, he would be off to a rocking start to the season!

Didnt see the match but agree that he needs to score more if he wants to be a centre forward. Looks a good player though but i wonder if he'll end up becoming more of a support striker/wing forward.

Many strikers start off as a wing forward/2nd striker, so its fine if he does that for a couple of years.

Harry Kane was a 2nd striker when in Spurs youth and on his loans at Orient and Millwall, wasn't until he had many months out after an injury in his 2nd (I think) game at Norwich that he seemed to have been retrained as a main striker, although still played as a 2nd striker at the start of his Spurs first team career

Had very little to work with today, but struggles to lead the line at times. Doesn’t quite have the physicality that is required in the Championship to win the 50/50 balls. Another game without a goal and didn’t even really have a sniff. Needs to get off the mark in the league. Riis must be wondering why Parrott is starting over him at the moment.

Had very little to work with today, but struggles to lead the line at times. Doesn’t quite have the physicality that is required in the Championship to win the 50/50 balls. Another game without a goal and didn’t even really have a sniff. Needs to get off the mark in the league. Riis must be wondering why Parrott is starting over him at the moment.
They should be starting together up top, not sure why the manager is playing Parrott alone when he clearly needs a partner!

Preston have played 6 Championship games so far. They have won 1 and drawn 5, scoring only 1 goal! Yes, their defense is brilliant having conceded 0 goals. But what good is this for Parrott's development.
Now, I haven't seen Preston play and I realise it's still early days, but scoring 1 goal in 6 games suggests to me either they are creating too few goal scoring chances, or the forwards are shit.

Back
Top Bottom