Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Important spell out there playing senior football. Let's hope he responds well and can keep his place on the bench so he can keep chipping away. Wouldn't be surprised if injuries leads to a start in one of our two up and no coming games though. Big times for the lad.

Parrot was not on trial last night, Jose was. Jose said he was not ready. Well based on the playing time, I think it was not proved either way. He did some good chasing but nothing came of it. He got a good cheer when he came on and it was the right decision to try him. Jose apparently has a very poor record with penalties and he was to blame for Parrott missing the penalty. He decides who takes a penalty and I could not believe he allowed it. Jose talked about needing to look after the boy, well letting him take part in such an important penalty shootout was not looking after him. I recognise many of those left on the field were not ideal but even Skipp has more experience than Parrott but it should have been anyone but Parrott.

Parrot was not on trial last night, Jose was. Jose said he was not ready. Well based on the playing time, I think it was not proved either way. He did some good chasing but nothing came of it. He got a good cheer when he came on and it was the right decision to try him. Jose apparently has a very poor record with penalties and he was to blame for Parrott missing the penalty. He decides who takes a penalty and I could not believe he allowed it. Jose talked about needing to look after the boy, well letting him take part in such an important penalty shootout was not looking after him. I recognise many of those left on the field were not ideal but even Skipp has more experience than Parrott but it should have been anyone but Parrott.

Parrott is a striker and a penalty taker in most of the games he's played in his career. Why should Skipp be ahead of Parrott in your options to take a pen?

Also.... why was Jose on trial and not Parrott?

I swear if he was not Irish we would never have heard of him. Too many x Irish players chipping in that he will be the next Robbie Keane. From what I have seen more likely to be the next Shane Long. But I hope I’m wring
I think the fact he is Irish can only be a good thing, dampen down the expectations a bit. Imagine the hype around the kid if he was English? It would be impossible to contain.

Parrott is a striker and a penalty taker in most of the games he's played in his career. Why should Skipp be ahead of Parrott in your options to take a pen?

Also.... why was Jose on trial and not Parrott?
Jose was on trial as he repeatedly said Parrott was not ready despite many fans saying he should be given a chance. Therefore when he was given a chance it gave us all a chance to see if Jose was right that Parrott was not ready. As I said he did some good things but not enough to say Jose was wrong and Parrott should be starting. As to the penalty, Jose was repeatedly saying he was looking after him. Missing an important penalty can be devastating to players. Why risk destroying his confidence when others with more experience could take the penalty.

Be good to see Parrott get a run out in next seasons Europa games, see if he can grabs the opportunity that will no doubt come to him.

Looks like Parrott could be going to Millwall on loan next season (Daily Mail). Be great to see him get regular football and see just how good he is.

Back
Top Bottom