Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that happens and Kane gets injured there is going to be some serious flak going Enic and Levy's way. They will want to avoid that so i'd expect them to sign a striker somehow.
I don't think they give a fuck about criticism to be honest mate

Certainly not enough to change their plans as a result of it

Delighted for Troy and both clubs.
I kinda wondered if Jose might have had a pre-season with him and then a loan but at least now Troy has no distractions and can think of himself as a Lion.

Great news, and if follows Harry's example, we might have a player on our hands. Assume if H gets injured, we can recall him. In any event, he will get some playing time, which is what all players, at whatever level, needs.

Troy Parrott is ready to "work hard and give everything for the fans" after signing a season-long loan deal with Millwall.

The 18-year-old striker will spend the 2020/21 campaign in SE16 after making the temporary move from Tottenham Hotspur, and has bolstered The Lions' attacking options ahead of the new season.

After the signature of Ryan Woods, Parrott becomes Gary Rowett's second summer signing - and the Irishman credited the club's fanbase as one of the reasons behind his decision to make the transfer from North to South London.

"I'm buzzing to get straight into things, I'm really looking forward to it," Parrott told millwallfc.co.uk. "The crowd, the club itself - I've heard a lot of good things. When I've watched games, the littlest of things gets them going, and I want to be a part of something like that.

"It's not hard to see from the outside that all [the fans] are looking for is someone to give 100% every game. When I was growing up playing football, that was the player I always was, so I feel as though I can fit it very well. I'm really excited to get going, work hard and give everything for the fans."

Parrott hopes to follow in the footsteps of successful former Lions loanee Harry Kane, who spent time at The Den in 2011/12.

"I'm really grateful to Spurs for letting me go out on loan and get some regular football. Hopefully I can improve a lot whilst at Millwall."

Watch the full interview with Troy Parrott by clicking play on the video above, in which the striker touches on Harry Kane and Jayson Molumby.

Millwall manager GaryRowett:

"He's got lots of ability, that extra bit of quality we're looking for - especially in his finishing - and he is mobile, hungry, aggressive and athletic. I think he's got a little bit of everything. But, he's a young player, and like any, you might not see that straight away.

"We'll have to work with him throughout the season. He can play anywhere in the front three areas, which is important to us to add goals, flexibility and options in those types of positions. We'll have to be patient with him, though - he'll have some really strong parts but also some dips. We'll do our work and see him through it. Hopefully he can have a real impact."

Spurs fans attention in pre-season should now turn to Kion Etete to see if he plays - 6 foot 5 (reports vary a little on size) of traditional no 9 but with better ball control and passing.

Joined from Notts County (where he had made 3 or 4 first team appearances) last summer and I assumed he had arrived as cover whilst Parrott went on loan, so my expectations were low : excellent form since about November, can score and create goals, and did well enough to be given the recognition be captaining u18's on a few ocassions. Different player to Parrott (both aged 18) and less high profile, but this could be breakthough season for him too, although it should be a season for him to play u23 football anything could be possible.

Spurs fans attention in pre-season should now turn to Kion Etete to see if he plays - 6 foot 5
traditional no 9 but with better ball control and passing.

Etete, Kion Reece28/11/2001
Parrott, Troy Daniel04/02/2002

Etete only 3 months older than Troy.
Let's hope Jose decides to give him a go pre-season.

Hopefully he plays regularly and develops. Perfect age to go out on loan and he's staying in London which helps.

I have a mate who's Irish and thinks this lad is potentially a superstar. I fucking hope so.

Back
Top Bottom