Twenty’s Plenty: Making a stand against modern football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
For those of you who’ve somehow managed to miss it, there’s been a bit of a furore over away match ticket prices of late, sparked by Man City fans not taking their full allocation at Woolwich after baulking at the £62 asking price. The issue has received a lot of attention and a problem that has been understood by football fans for some time has made its way into the mainstream media. Sensing that a tipping point has been reached [...]

Continue reading...

Great read.

I'm shocked people turned up getting tribal over the whole thing, the only people I see getting tribal are the people who don't understand it at all and don't know what the campaign is about.

I'd struggle to stand shoulder to shoulder with a scummer tbh, but for the sake of this I'd have to put my deep intense hatred to one side. But by god it would be very difficult! :)

Hmm... Whilst I completely agree with the principle of making football affordable for all, the irony is not lost on me that this is largely being championed by Citeh fans. I say ironic because they are a club who can offer affordable ticket prices to its fans solely because the club owners subsidise the operating costs that would otherwise surely see Citeh fans paying the highest ticket prices in the country.

This in itself does not sound like such a problem, until you realise the way in which Citeh have completely distorted the salary expectations of Premiership players and the ensuing onslaught of ticket price increases, both home and away.

This is known as having your cake and eating it.

Hmm... Whilst I completely agree with the principle of making football affordable for all, the irony is not lost on me that this is largely being championed by Citeh fans. I say ironic because they are a club who can offer affordable ticket prices to its fans solely because the club owners subsidise the operating costs that would otherwise surely see Citeh fans paying the highest ticket prices in the country.

This in itself does not sound like such a problem, until you realise the way in which Citeh have completely distorted the salary expectations of Premiership players and the ensuing onslaught of ticket price increases, both home and away.

This is known as having your cake and eating it.
Terrific post

Thank you for posting.

I am in favour of no noise, no signing, no clapping NOTHING (if we were to score during this time then I have no idea how I would react). I favour this as opposed to walking in late, leaving early or turning your back to the game because having paid my over priced fucking ticket in the first place I ain't gonna want to miss anything. I also think it is a protest that is different from other protests which end up being negative bitch fests full of boo boys, also running the danger of transmitting negative vibes to the very people I want to motivate. No point in marching outside the ground as this never gets the air time. There are a few of videos on YouTube of this being done in Germany, for me the message is strong, but at the end of the protest shows not just the bosses what their grounds will sound like when there is no noise but it might also shock the prawn sandwiches that our game is nothing without passionate noisy fans who will come to every game if they could afford to go.

Before I go I have just watched one of the most moving films about football I have ever seen, please watch it before you type a response to this thread. It is a short called The Smell of Football and follows the nutty Pompey fan I am sure we are all familiar with. For those of you in the UK you can find it on Channel 4 under the programme heading The Shooting Gallery.....Please watch it and let's protect the game we love.

Back
Top Bottom