UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read all the really positive posts. The one game I've missed! Never mind though. Great result and the lads must be looking forward to the Blades. That should be a good game. They are tough team with excellent defending so I hope we play the same squad. I'm counting on Poch to realise he's got everything he needs...except a decent RB? ac deinceps exortis et superiora loca.....
Also, I want to say that it's sad so many people now hate Christian. I know what his form has been like recently and understand the frustration. But for many years, he was one of the best playmakers we've ever had at the club before this last awful period. When we were playing really good football . And he was key to those few years. I, at least, will continue to afford him the respect due to someone who has, and may yet still be, a very fine player. Pax Vobiscum, Christian.

Fook me eh... A happy thread

Well done to all, just located my smile ( been missing reported lost for a while ).

2tdpuw.png

Just read all the really positive posts. The one game I've missed! Never mind though. Great result and the lads must be looking forward to the Blades. That should be a good game. They are tough team with excellent defending so I hope we play the same squad. I'm counting on Poch to realise he's got everything he needs...except a decent RB? ac deinceps exortis et superiora loca.....
Also, I want to say that it's sad so many people now hate Christian. I know what his form has been like recently and understand the frustration. But for many years, he was one of the best playmakers we've ever had at the club before this last awful period. When we were playing really good football . And he was key to those few years. I, at least, will continue to afford him the respect due to someone who has, and may yet still be, a very fine player. Pax Vobiscum, Christian.

Mate, I am not one for vitriol on his selection, as he doesnt pick himself for each game , Poch does.

But as a highly paid pro footballer, he has brought this criticism on himself. Not hard to see from the game on the weekend, how piss poor his effort levels are. It was also his words, suggesting he wanted out of the Club.

Yes, he did well for us a few years ago, but time to let players who want to stay get their fair game time. Him continuing on like this does neither party any favours.

Yes RSB are a crap team and yes we did already hammer them playing some lovely football in the process a few weeks ago but PLEASE Poch, fucking PLEASE continue with the same this weekend.
93 games we havent kept the same 11, theres absolutely no need whatsoever to change a thing for the Blades-but we will at the very least bring a cb in for DIER.

NDombele and Lo Celso looked great tonight-START them every game, they are the future. Sess had a good qtr of an hour too was delighted to see him getting some mins.
We have to stick to giving these young players time and playing more energetic football in the league too though.

I don't even think Ranieri or Benitez in their prime tinkering went nearly a ton of games without the same 11 in consecutive matches-Poch please show us you want to be here and have the clubs interests at heart and stop fucking about with the Cragyy Island over 75's team in the league ffs- START the new lads.
Ranieri didn’t tinker a lot in 15/16😁

Ha ha BT just said Poch hasn’t played the same team for consecutive games for 93 matches - back in 2018. That’s been the problem. Let’s hope he learns from that quite ridiculous stat.
Only an idiot would make changes to that starting line up this weekend. And Poch isn't stupid. Right...?

Following this match the positivity around the threads is almost tangible. It's as if everyone senses a possible new beginning for the club.
Poch undoubtedly had his reasons for waiting until now to unleash this team selection and whether or not he was right to do so I don't know.

What I do know is the clouds have begun to part and there's a chink of sunlight in the sky. I just hope he realises how fruitful the team he chose tonight could prove to be in the league.
Whether Poch does stay or go at least as supporters we can be confident that the nucleus of a really good squad already exists at the club.

It's up to the manager to maintain the momentum and allow the green shoots of recovery we saw last night to flourish. I'm actually looking forward to the match on Saturday now.
:coys:
Racist

Didn't know you was Polish. Anyway, why would CE want to go to AC Deinceps? Never heard of them.

Edit - they're not even playing on Thursdays.

First English club to beat them at their place in European Cup/Champions League. Also their heaviest home defeat in those competitions.

Some farmers.;)
Yeah yeah yeah... but KYLE WALKER went in goal last night for City... haven't you SEEN the SSN headlines?

FIRST outfield 'keeper to keep a clean sheet ever in the closing minutes of a game at the San Siro!!
...his heat map and 'stat star' Opta Fifa Pro percentage gush ratings are off the scale!

AND City are playing Liverpool at the weekend...

.....oh and Spurs won!

Lol.... Great night all round yet the bitter mutt troll is straight in there blowing kisses.

What a life!

The biggest tragedy is that he would never do this in arsemania.
Still remember his opening post that someone put up when they found out he was actually a signed up member of a gooner forum.
(And a Utd one)

“Hi everyone, spurs fan in peace, just want to discuss what you think of......”

What the fuck

Morning Spurs supporters,

First and foremost congratulations on your victory last night, it was deserved for sure and we were completely outplayed for the full 90 minutes.

This was our heaviest defeat at home in our entire European history so it is quite a bitter pill to swallow at the moment. PSG, Napoli, Liverpool, and your dear friend Woolwich and more have been to Stadion Rajko Mitic in recent years and we have never been humiliated in this manner by 4 goal difference.

I will provide a perspective from Red Star of where things went wrong for us. Usually we are positive, attacking, and create chances at home, with zero fear. For some bizarre reason in the first half we played a completely different style yesterday, sitting back and allowing Tottenham to play their game to their own tempo.

1) Our manager got our tactics all wrong - we should have been more direct and play to our strengths and what we are used to doing.

2) Our main players had a terrible, terrible game. I have never seen Pavkov play so badly. My grandmother could have scored his one-on-one in the first half. And in the second half when we was 3 vs 2 he played some terrible pass, god knows what he was thinking. Marin is usually very influential and creative but he was not himself - I'm not sure if the early knock impacted him. Mateo Garcia was non-existant, he has been incredible all season but did nothing yesterday.

Maybe if Pavkov had scored and then it is 1-0 and it is a different game but there is no need for these thoughts because Tottenham were far and away the better team.

I was really impressed with Lo Celso in particular, he seemed to be so assured of himself on the ball and never put a foot wrong, he caused us big problems all game. Son was also very dangerous and looked threatening every time he had the ball. In my opinion, these 2 players were the most impressive Tottenham players last night, but the whole team played a great game so once more, congratulations for this!

Now, please do us a favour and beat our brothers Olympiakos (I say this with a heavy heart) to help us finish 3rd and enter the Liga Europa Last 32 :)

Back
Top Bottom