UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jus a few thoughts on the match, obviously not against the highest quality but still;

Gazza excellent

Dier looked good

Ndombele and Lo Celso looked very good

Dele looked better, not great, but better playing in the central role.

Son excellent.

Jus a few thoughts on the match, obviously not against the highest quality but still;

Gazza excellent

Dier looked good

Ndombele and Lo Celso looked very good

Dele looked better, not great, but better playing in the central role.

Son excellent.
They were poor but given their home record in Europe and Spurs own patchy form, I think 4-0 was beyond expectations before the game.

We have a long standing brotherhood with Olympiakos, since the 1980's. We are both of orthodox christian descent, and both play in Red & White. Also, the Serbian and Greek culture is very similar. Feel free to research greater details but these are the main reasons we became friends, and this friendship has grown ever since. Sometimes our supporters will attend Olympiakos matches, and they sometimes come to our matches. The link and friendship is very strong and we call ourselves "Orthodox Brothers". Spartak Moscow is also in our friendship circle, it is consisting of Red Star, Olympiakos, and Spartak Moscow. But we would consider to be closest to Olympiakos.

Here is our display before our Champions League group stage game on Match Day 2.

The TIFO was of both our club badges in unison, and the message below reads "Let today win the one in better mood - We will be brothers forever in evil and good"

EF0MZJPXUAApS4a.jpg
love the sentiment...id work on the mission statement a bit though

I feel like GLC is going to be the player we all hoped Lamela would be.

Not a dig at Lamela, he’s been racked with injuries, but he’s never *quite* made it.
GLC was quite effective last night and I'm pleased for him but I think we should proceed with caution because that was as passive an opponent as we could wish for, let's give him time to produce this regularly in the league.

Not hard to see from the game on the weekend, how piss poor his effort levels are. It was also his words, suggesting he wanted out of the Club.

Utter nonsense. He may not be in form; something we have seen many times in the past, but for me nothing suggests he isn't putting in the effort. If you can find some highlights of him not tracking back or being grossly out of position; please educate me. He covered the most ground against Liverpool and put in a shift helping out at right back; allowing only 1 dangerous cross into the box (which was saved).

This season our possession stats have dropped. We are doing a lot more work without the ball. When we do get the ball opposition teams know that they need to close him down fast and not allow him to pick his pass.

Why has our possession dropped? This seems to be down to energy levels. Sissoko openly admitted that the team is unable to keep up with the demands of the diamond formation. We need to get some young legs out there and manage the game time of our older players to stop them getting burnt out/injured.

Utter nonsense. He may not be in form; something we have seen many times in the past, but for me nothing suggests he isn't putting in the effort. If you can find some highlights of him not tracking back or being grossly out of position; please educate me. He covered the most ground against Liverpool and put in a shift helping out at right back; allowing only 1 dangerous cross into the box (which was saved).

This season our possession stats have dropped. We are doing a lot more work without the ball. When we do get the ball opposition teams know that they need to close him down fast and not allow him to pick his pass.

Why has our possession dropped? This seems to be down to energy levels. Sissoko openly admitted that the team is unable to keep up with the demands of the diamond formation. We need to get some young legs out there and manage the game time of our older players to stop them getting burnt out/injured.

Yeah, nah...

You selected one sentence from my post. The point of my post overall was that picking him now at the expense of other players who want to be at the Club, serves no one. He is out of form and does not appear happy.

He can track back all he wants, but his commitment in challenges are hesitant as the stats show.

Time for Poch to pick players on form, as opposed to reputation.
Agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom