UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's leading up for a Barcelona, PSG, Juventus and RB Leipzig draw option for us in the round of 16 isn't it? At least we are favourites over one of those teams :pocheyes:

Juve have a fantastic defence. Very difficult to get through.
Their leader Chiellini is out until March 2020 or even longer and 20 year old De Ligt is having a difficult start there, it's not as solid as it used to be (watch how they conceded 3 goals at home v Napoli earlier this season).

Last edited:
Number of spare seats for Olimpiacos is ridiculous. Hope the club learn that they seriously fucked up with pricing and the lack of a CL multi-game pass. However, maybe a win at Spam will encourage some further attendance. Personally, I'm really looking to it. Midweek European football under the lights... the atmosphere should be decent and it's a great chance to get a (hopefully) entertaining victory with a positive reset to the season... although we have been here before.

:pochunimpressed:

Calling it now, we are winning the CL this season!

I think so too mate. We have the neccesary quality of player in every position except RB. The best team does not always win, you just have to be good enough, and we are.
The players reached the final last season so they know they can get there, and will not want to fail again when they get there again.
And with Mourinho we have a pragmatic manager who will bring the right tactics.
We aren't going to challenge for the league and although we might get top four still if things go our way, winning the CL woud give us a CL place next season so unless we are looking promising for top four by January we will prioritise the CL over our league position.
I think Mourinho will want to make the Tottenham stadium a fortress. He will instill that in the players, that we fight not to lose at home. We have lacked that under Poch. That will give us a great chance in the knock out stages.
There is no pressure on Mourinho or the team this season, anything we achieve is a bonus.
I really fancy us for the CL this season.

I think so too mate. We have the neccesary quality of player in every position except RB. The best team does not always win, you just have to be good enough, and we are.
The players reached the final last season so they know they can get there, and will not want to fail again when they get there again.
And with Mourinho we have a pragmatic manager who will bring the right tactics.
We aren't going to challenge for the league and although we might get top four still if things go our way, winning the CL woud give us a CL place next season so unless we are looking promising for top four by January we will prioritise the CL over our league position.
I think Mourinho will want to make the Tottenham stadium a fortress. He will instill that in the players, that we fight not to lose at home. We have lacked that under Poch. That will give us a great chance in the knock out stages.
There is no pressure on Mourinho or the team this season, anything we achieve is a bonus.
I really fancy us for the CL this season.

I agree. We have a decent chance to win this.

It's very simple. Is UEFA's interest in growing and sustaining and maximizing the game of football on the European continent? Or is UEFA a purchased cudgel for a cabal of no more than about 10 clubs who want to suck the blood of the European game's global popularity at the cost of its long-term interest and viability, to say nothing of its soul?

It has to be one or the other.

Just watched the chavs pegged back by Valencia which means they have to beat Lille who are down 1 to Ajax. They played well, I have to admit.
Watching Liverpool losing to Napoli at the moment. Loved seeing Klopp and his amazing tombstone teeth booked for ranting. The funny thing was watching Mane quite obviously diving and Klopp going crazy. He's clearly the kind of manager who encourages it as I don't think I've ever seen a 'pool game where he didn't take a dive.

Just watched the chavs pegged back by Valencia which means they have to beat Lille who are down 1 to Ajax. They played well, I have to admit.
Watching Liverpool losing to Napoli at the moment. Loved seeing Klopp and his amazing tombstone teeth booked for ranting. The funny thing was watching Mane quite obviously diving and Klopp going crazy. He's clearly the kind of manager who encourages it as I don't think I've ever seen a 'pool game where he didn't take a dive.
Be nice if those K-nts were occasionally carded for simulation.

Back
Top Bottom