UEFA Europa Conference League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not possible for prem clubs to drop all the way through to the europa conference league from the CL but a team like Celtic that have to play CL qualifying rounds could miss the Europa League and fall straight into the conference league by losing a qualifying round game. :mourhandlaugh:

I don't mind the Nations League. I think it's especially good for the lower nations. Instead of getting spanked in meaningless friendlies against teams 10/20 places above them, they get to play against nations of similar standings. Making there games more interesting, competitive (to both players and fans) and they can geta nice little trophy at the end of it along with promotion.

Same goes for the top nations, they'll learn more playing against similar ranked teams rather than having easy wins against minnows.

I bloody watched Liechtenstein v Gibraltar the other day! I rather enjoyed it to be honest. I'd say it was probably League 2 or maybe high end Conference standard. No rolling about. No diving. Just kick and run.

I bloody watched Liechtenstein v Gibraltar the other day! I rather enjoyed it to be honest. I'd say it was probably League 2 or maybe high end Conference standard. No rolling about. No diving. Just kick and run.
Shit fact just learnt: Liechtenstein doesn't have a domestic league so whoever wins the Liechtenstein cup every year gets into Europe irrespective of their coefficient ranking. They'll go into the conference league instead of europa next season

Last edited:
What happened to Rennes in this competition, they topped our group but I can't see them in the knockout games this week?
The teams that topped the groups get a pass to the next stage. Same happened to Roma. It's the same formula for Europa League too.

Back
Top Bottom