Uefa Nations League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was a very decent performance, tactically, from England. Really liked that 433, which became 451 without the ball, with two proper footballing 8's and two pacy wide forwards who worked hard to protect their FB's without the ball, but had the energy to counter against a team that wants to dominate the ball. Player who Ive been pretty scathing of, but who deserves a lot of credit tonight was Rashford. Great ball for the first goal, took his goal well, but worked really hard without the ball, constantly tracked his man up and down the flank.

England still need to find a solution to the DM role, someone more dynamic and who can play more football than Dier, and Winks and Berkley can both improve what they do without the ball. On other days I think Rashford could/should be swapped out for a different type of player, someone like Sancho, but there's some really promising signs going forward. Liked Chillwell too.

@Redcafe:

ss.png

Beautiful running counter attacks with team pass and goals from today. Sometghing we should practice with the speed at the top in Kane, Moura and Son.

Fuck off with the dago shite.
You really do get offended by everything don't you?
Dago is an Anglicised version of the name Diego, which every Spaniard and Portuguese seemed to be called.
Strange that it offends you - eh Paddy?

Just to explain -

Not sure why everyone is disagreeing - I'm right about the history of the word, so if you are disagreeing with that, its you that is wrong.

If you are disagreeing because you think I use the word, you are wrong again, I don't - because I know that people don't understand the background and confuse it with the American use of the word.

Last edited:
Dago is a racial slur. I think it's a dickish phrase to use
See my response to Furball
I think it does you little credit to be offended by something that you don't understand, or haven't taken the time to understand.
It's a nickname like Jock, or Paddy, Rosbif, or Inseln affe, kraut or Itiey

Some people are offended by everything and more often than not, the (people, supposed to be)offended don't give a fuck.

Iberians use the expression themselves- are you going to be offended when you hear a Spaniard say it?

This discussion just goes round and round on here.

When they’re other words such as Spaniard etc and it is considered a word of contempt or hostility in dictionaries , surly it’s not needed today
I was just pointing out the facts, I am aware of the ignorance that surrounds it's etymology, and so don't use it myself.
In this pc madness that the world has allowed itself to descend into it's not worth the bother.

Yet we all champion the use of the word Yid.
Funny old world eh?

That's the Americanisation of it, which is used at Italians.
It's different when it's used with Spaniards and Portuguese.

In Britain it’s used as a slur. Any basic research will tell you this.

“My sister is going out with a Spaniard”

“My sister is going out with a dago”

One really jumps out doesn’t it?

In Britain it’s used as a slur. Any basic research will tell you this.

“My sister is going out with a Spaniard”

“My sister is going out with a dago”

One really jumps out doesn’t it?
and I pointed out that I knew that people do so erroneously
I also pointed out that I don't do it, because people confuse it with the American version which was definitely meant as an insult.

Not really my fault that people don't understand history or the meaning of words. Its really no worse than Paddy or Jock, etc etc

And as I also pointed out, Spaniards use the word themselves, because they know its history.

Yet here we are, being offended on their behalf. For no real reason.

Like I say, this stuff goes round and round on here.

Back
Top Bottom