Uefa Nations League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well done Joe
Now look for the Origin of the word

What has that got to do with it? Sorry, but I’m not playing that game. Today, in Britain, it’s used as a racial slur. If I come across a word I don’t know, I look in a dictionary, not a history book.

On the origins of words, ‘cunt’, wasn’t a taboo word originally. It was the general descriptive term for the vagina. Cunt is, etymologically, more feminist than vagina, which is dependent on the penis for its definition, coming from the Latin for “sword sheath.”

Naturally, when I call somebody a cunt, I expect them to understand that all I’m really doing is suggesting that they are a bit of a fanny. And you’re right - it’s quite astonishing how rare it is to find people who correctly understand the origins of words as my broken nose will bear testimony.

Good day Mick.

What has that got to do with it? Sorry, but I’m not playing that game. Today, in Britain, it’s used as a racial slur. If I come across a word I don’t know, I look in a dictionary, not a history book.

On the origins of words, ‘cunt’, wasn’t a taboo word originally. It was the general descriptive term for the vagina. Cunt is, etymologically, more feminist than vagina, which is dependent on the penis for its definition, coming from the Latin for “sword sheath.”

Naturally, when I call somebody a cunt, I expect them to understand that all I’m really doing is suggesting that they are a bit of a fanny. And you’re right - it’s quite astonishing how rare it is to find people who correctly understand the origins of words as my broken nose will bear testimony.
Ok.
I have nothing to add, that I haven't already said, if people choose to misinterpret or can't understand what I said, or why, then I have nothing more to say that will help. I also don't want to get banned again if I can avoid it.

Ok.
I have nothing to add, that I haven't already said, if people choose to misinterpret or can't understand what I said, or why, then I have nothing more to say that will help. I also don't want to get banned again if I can avoid it.

No one is misinterpreting anything. It’s the current use of the word which is relevant here and the word is almost exclusively used in the pejorative as you obviously know because you choose not to use it yourself.

DppaVhkXUAEdNcN.jpg:large

v

DppauuDWwAEMiyV.jpg:large

Gibraltar won AGAIN...2 games on the bounce, after something like 22 loses.
Good on 'em.
These type of teams are the only ones that the Nations League works well for.

I’d suspend the pair of them

Sterling for acting like a pussy

Ramos for being Ramos and getting Dier booked
It's PART OF THE GAME. Has been for decades, watch it as such and enjoy it as such and a new found pleasure and appreciation is attained. It will not stop you getting angry if "our" team suffers at the hand of it, but when I see my team competing like this I fucking love it, it tells me they are getting closer to winning something and more importantly have what it takes of winning something.

I love watching my team do everything in their power to win a football match. End.

Back
Top Bottom