Uefa Nations League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. I meant more that I can't decide if this is a tournament to be excited about. The League Cup of internationals. In theory all the big teams are in it, but nobody really cares.
The thing is I think people do care, most people I know say they don't but they tune in to watch England games every single time they play, even if it's friendly against San Marino. If there is a pot at the end of it then perhaps it's worth something??? It's the Karaboo Cup of Internationals, if you are England it's important, if you are Germany, Italy, Spain maybe not so bothered??

The thing is I think people do care, most people I know say they don't but they tune in to watch England games every single time they play, even if it's friendly against San Marino. If there is a pot at the end of it then perhaps it's worth something??? It's the Karaboo Cup of Internationals, if you are England it's important, if you are Germany, Italy, Spain maybe not so bothered??
Its fun to watch England do well I suppose. The Croatia match was great the other day.

I haven’t watched a friendly in years. For a long time I didn’t even bother watching qualifiers.

I like the current crop though (unlike the ‘golden generation’). We showed a lot of character in the World Cup, and that’s all I ever want from England.

The Nations League has been fascinating to watch evolve. It started off as a convoluted series of glorified friendlies, but as other countries started to take it seriously it’s spread like wildfire across Europe. Wouldn’t surprise me to see it eventually replace the Euros at some point in the future (albeit in a very different format).

The Croatia game was great. I’ve been won around by this tournament, if for nothing more than the fact that it encourages both teams to be competitive.

I haven’t watched a friendly in years. For a long time I didn’t even bother watching qualifiers.

I like the current crop though (unlike the ‘golden generation’). We showed a lot of character in the World Cup, and that’s all I ever want from England.

The Nations League has been fascinating to watch evolve. It started off as a convoluted series of glorified friendlies, but as other countries started to take it seriously it’s spread like wildfire across Europe. Wouldn’t surprise me to see it eventually replace the Euros at some point in the future (albeit in a very different format).

The Croatia game was great. I’ve been won around by this tournament, if for nothing more than the fact that it encourages both teams to be competitive.
The best thing for me was the 3 team groups. Many went to the last game in the group, a team could be bottom but still had a chance of winning it, so I found myself getting involved with what was going on in the other groups rather than just the group England were in.

The best thing for me was the 3 team groups. Many went to the last game in the group, a team could be bottom but still had a chance of winning it, so I found myself getting involved with what was going on in the other groups rather than just the group England were in.

UEFA have got a lot of things wrong, but they got this right. Rule 101 of sport; make it exciting (*cough*F1*cough*). If it’s important to other countries it will be important to us. Just how it works.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see it eventually replace the Euros at some point in the future (albeit in a very different format).
This would be interesting to explore. Perhaps keeping the finals but using this kind of tiered divisional approach with relegation and promotion as an alternative to qualifying; reducing the finals to a straight knock-out from R16 or something.

Whatever happens, I'd be glad to see the back of mid-season international friendlies played just because you have to.

The squad has been announced for this today. 6 Spurs in it. Still the backbone of the national squad. Next up is City with 4, one of which nailed his place in the team while a Spurs player.

The squad has been announced for this today. 6 Spurs in it. Still the backbone of the national squad. Next up is City with 4, one of which nailed his place in the team while a Spurs player.
Absolute joke.
At least Kane, Dier, Dele and Winks need to recover from injuries this summer, not turn out with no preparation to save Southgate's arse. Tell England to fuck off.

Full England Nations League squad
Netherlands v England (June 6, 19:45 BST)

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur)
Ross Barkley (Chelsea)
Jack Butland (Stoke City)
Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)
Fabian Delph (Manchester City)
Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)
Joe Gomez (Liverpool)
Tom Heaton (Burnley)
Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
Michael Keane (Everton)