Uneducated Cunts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Former England goalkeeper Ian Walker has left his job as manager of a non-League club after an alleged foul-mouthed rant at his own fans.

The 40-year-old had only been in charge of Bishop’s Stortford since March, but departed “by mutual consent” after his side lost 5-0 in the FA Trophy on Saturday.

During a furious row with supporters during the game, Walker is alleged to have called them “uneducated cunts”.

He is also alleged to have told some to “fuck off”.

The FA Trophy loss to Carshalton Athletic followed a run of seven league games without a win.

The club is now near the bottom of the Conference North table, which is two divisions below League Two.

A source said: “There were some disgraceful scenes. Some fans were having a go at him because they were frustrated and disappointed by how the team were playing. But for him to respond like that is totally out of order.”

On a Bishop’s Stortford supporters’ website, one angry fan with the username “Gareth/Garf” wrote: “Saturday was a sorry episode in BSFC’s history.

“To have a manager even trading insults is shocking, but for him to repeatedly use the c-word against our fans is totally ­unacceptable.” Another fan, “ladderman”, wrote on the site: “Walker says I’m a cunt. I say WALKER OUT.”

“Youngbsfcfan97” posted: “I’m now not a fan of Walker as he did call me an ‘uneducated cunt’ which was unnecessary.”

When first contacted, a spokesman for the former Tottenham Hotspur star said: “He actually called them ‘uneducated twats’.”

But he later said he had been misinformed and denied any bad language.

He added: “Ian was taking a lot of abuse from fans behind the dugout. They were calling him the c-word and all kinds of derogatory names.

“Ian turned round and said to one, ‘Oh you’re very clever. Did you think that up yourself?’ Ian Walker did not use the c-word or use any derogatory words to fans.”

Walker helped win the League Cup medal for Spurs in 1999, and was capped four times for England during his 17-year career. Since retiring in 2008, he has also worked as a commentator.

A spokesman for Bishop’s Stortford refused to comment on the supporters’ claims.

A statement on the club’s official website said: “Bishop’s Stortford FC have announced the immediate departure of manager Ian Walker by mutual consent.”

Chief executive Franco Del Basso said: “I would like to place on record my thanks to Ian for his endeavours for the club and wish him well for the future.”

It is funny how literate and innocent fans become after a player/manager bites back at them. Calling him 'curtains wanker' one minute in the joys of anonymity and after getting singled out by then telling everyone 'By joves, I was merely commenting on the gent's rather peculiar hairstyle and thought he may appreciate my fashions tips. But then he shouted words I knew not the meaning of...I nearly fainted.' Give it, take it. Dem's da rulez.

Back
Top Bottom