Unstoppable force (Watford) vs Immovable object (Spurs) Sunday 2 September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Achilles

Entitled Cunt
Who looked at the fixtures when they were released and thought we'd be heading to Watford with both teams sitting on 9 pts?

Watched them Saturday and they looked pretty good in the 2nd half, but they were playing Palace.

0-2 Kane & Dele.

3 wins in a row and they'll be thinking quarter the way to survival so they might slack off a bit. I hope Poch makes reference to the fact Capoue shouldn't be on the pitch.

We should have too much for them.

Last edited:
After a calamitous summer and failing to sign any new players, homeless Tottenham will be desperate to avoid defeat at Watford as their crisis season continues.

"Eddie The Eagle... he's won more than you..."
"Susan Boyle... she's win more than you!"

My finest moments in 'Chant starting' last season vs. ....Watford!

MOURA the same, please!

Watford will definitely put up more of a fight. Don't underestimate them and go in there to get the job done.

Just remember last year when we walked into Watford all cocksure. Did not go according to plan

Watford will definitely put up more of a fight. Don't underestimate them and go in there to get the job done.

Just remember last year when we walked into Watford all cocksure. Did not go according to plan

Can’t see anything other than a decisive victory

I get the impression from interviews with Harry and Poch that this season we mean business

Believe!!

Thought Watford were lucky against Palace. Capoue made the first and shouldn’t of been on the pitch, the second was a complete fluke. Palace had their chances unfortunately they fell to Benteke who is pure trash and ward with a header at the end.

2-0 spurs kane and dele. Trippier will no doubt get an assist as it’s watford

Tough game. Gracia has Watford playing well, and Pereyra is playing some brilliant football for them.

We’ll need to be on top of our game, no room for passengers.

Same team that started vs United with maybe Davies in for Rose the only change.

It's going to be messy, they'll snatch a goal but we'll come with 2 back

Lloris
Tripps Toby Jan Davies
Dembele Winks
Moura Dele Eriksen
Kane

I'd like Winks for dier as watford also play with pace and passes and we should accelerate our midfield play to edge them in quality

well they will kick kane off the park like last season, hopefully a ref will know the rules this time round

A) Hopefully the ref will step in
B) Moura and Dele could exploit the space that's left if they are only focussed on Kane
B is what is really exciting this season. Kane is a different animal this year, & we certainly aren’t over reliant on his goals. We have goal threats all over the pitch. Trippier with his demon delivery/free kicks, Dele ghosting in all over the place, Moura’s pace & directness, Kane & Eriksen (Nuff said)
We look really dangerous & we haven’t even hit our stride yet. We start every season quite slowly but we are getting the results this time around, looking a threat everywhere and we haven’t got going yet.

All that said, I think Watford will end up being a sterner test than United. Never thought I’d say that.

Back
Top Bottom