Unstoppable force (Watford) vs Immovable object (Spurs) Sunday 2 September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watch our goal again, don't look for contact of the ball from Eriksen, you can't see it but keep your eye on the ball, it's clear it changes direction, the spin on the ball is altered. It therefore means it's Eriksen's goal.

Got to feel sorry for him A) I doubt he felt it as it came off a stud B) I doubt both he or the club thought it was worth claiming it given the media and rival fan backlash of Kane's legitimate claim last season.

This is the first time I’ve watched the goals (I wasn’t in the mood after seeing the result). That second Watford goal is criminal. There is a crowd of Spurs shirts in where the ball lands yet the single Watford player gets to it first. Not good enough lads!

Watch our goal again, don't look for contact of the ball from Eriksen, you can't see it but keep your eye on the ball, it's clear it changes direction, the spin on the ball is altered. It therefore means it's Eriksen's goal.

Got to feel sorry for him A) I doubt he felt it as it came off a stud B) I doubt both he or the club thought it was worth claiming it given the media and rival fan backlash of Kane's legitimate claim last season.

That's 100% Eriksens goal. Why isn't he claiming it? I never realised until I saw this link, the ball clearly gets a nick off of his boot. Bizarre he's not claiming it

It doesn't look like he touched the ball at all to me.

Just seems like the spin of the ball from where it hit Doucoure gives that illusion.

It doesn't look like he touched the ball at all to me.

Just seems like the spin of the ball from where it hit Doucoure gives that illusion.

Watch the 2nd slow motion of it again mate. You can see he ball mid air accelerate like it's been hit off a small piece of his boot. Not enough to change the balls direction from going in but it's a lot clearer than Harry's goal against Stoke was for sure. I'm surprised Christian and the club haven't tried to get this changed from a Doucoure own goal, I think there's enough there for someone to say he touched it even when at first I didn't think he got close to it

Watch the 2nd slow motion of it again mate. You can see he ball mid air accelerate like it's been hit off a small piece of his boot. Not enough to change the balls direction from going in but it's a lot clearer than Harry's goal against Stoke was for sure. I'm surprised Christian and the club haven't tried to get this changed from a Doucoure own goal, I think there's enough there for someone to say he touched it even when at first I didn't think he got close to it

That's the angle I've seen it from - again, doesn't look Eriksen got a touch at all in my eyes. Just seems like the spin on the bounce causes it to move in a different direction giving off that illusion.

That's the angle I've seen it from - again, doesn't look Eriksen got a touch at all in my eyes. Just seems like the spin on the bounce causes it to move in a different direction giving off that illusion.

It seems like it gets a nudge and spins away different after Eriksen has taken a swing at it. If that was me I'd be claiming that 100%, get myself a goal bonus and take the family to Alton Towers for the day. If Harry can claim his, Christian would be well within his rights to let a panel decide. Saying that he doesn't seem like the kind who actually cares how it's scored or who it's scored by &I I'm sure he's got bigger fish to fry with what's going on with Denmark at the moment which is a shame as I have him in my fantasty team :(

That's 100% Eriksens goal. Why isn't he claiming it? I never realised until I saw this link, the ball clearly gets a nick off of his boot. Bizarre he's not claiming it
Would you given all the shit that went on after Kane's goal was awarded to him? It actually turned into a massive negative thing, driven by a rival fanbase led the the rattled fans from Utd, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool then more than half the supporters of the rest of the football world jumping on the band wagon, not to mention even those who hold positions of responsibility within the the football community.

Or if it came off his stud he probably didn't even feel it himself.

Would you given all the shit that went on after Kane's goal was awarded to him? It actually turned into a massive negative thing, driven by a rival fanbase led the the rattled fans from Utd, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool then more than half the supporters of the rest of the football world jumping on the band wagon, not to mention even those who hold positions of responsibility within the the football community.

I would 100% claim it if I was aware that the ball had moved like it does. Fuck rival fans they'll pick up on anything they can. If it's my goal I'm claiming it and getting my name on the board, my goal bonus stuck into my account and all those loyal and dedicated fantasy football team players that stuck me in their team their much deserved points ;)

I hope Christian or someone at the club sees this and someone goes to a panel for it to get reviewed as Eriksen getting a goal early on could be a nice little confidence boost and I love seeing other teams fans get so unjustifiably upset with us.

Ps Klopp & Mane won manager & player of the month. Do you think that had anything to do with Liverpools overwhelming fan base out voting the likes of Gracia or Pereyra or Lucas? Not being funny but 2 goals away at Man U is a far greater achievement than Manes goals at home against West Ham. I'd just focus on who rightfully scored the goal and by the look of it that seems to be Eriksens nudge that got the last touch

Got ahead of myself, the player and manager of the month awards haven't been confirmed yet. Apologies

More salt in the still exposed would as the Watford manager deservedly wins manager of the month.

An award Pochettino was holding up to that point when we decided to down tools.

Both he and the players should ask why they think they deserve the fcuking huge pay rises they demand after providing sh!t like last Sunday.

Still fcuking rankles.

Back
Top Bottom