Useless Managers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those managers who fail every time yet still find employment on the merry go round?

Steve McClaren for me.

Now at QPR overseeing their worst start ever. Will get sacked, go on sky as a pundit, blame everyone else whilst QPR improve and then rock up at another club to repeat the same cycle.

We all know the gang!

The real reason younger English managers are being kept out of the premier league....

Pardew
Hughes
Warnock
Etc....

Surely they are all close to retiring now!

The only merry go round manager I think anyone benefits from is Allydyce as he will steady a club and get them stable

We all know the gang!

The real reason younger English managers are being kept out of the premier league....

Pardew
Hughes
Warnock
Etc....

Surely they are all close to retiring now!

The only merry go round manager I think anyone benefits from is Allydyce as he will steady a club and get them stable
Roy is also one a club can benefit from bringing in.

He doesn't have the pedigree to survive at a club like Liverpool. but for a club like Palace he is perfect

Those managers who fail every time yet still find employment on the merry go round?

Steve McClaren for me.

Now at QPR overseeing their worst start ever. Will get sacked, go on sky as a pundit, blame everyone else whilst QPR improve and then rock up at another club to repeat the same cycle.
He's an absolute shocker as a manager.

Good record as a coach. Cannot understand why:

Club owners give him the job that he obviously can't do, time after time;
He himself puts himself forward for jobs where he'll be a proven failure. (Edit, oh it's money of course).

Coach...Manager - such a different skill set. No reason why if you're good at one you'll automatically be good at the other.

QPRs problems lie deeper.
They have Les Ferdinand behind the scenes. Member of the Redknapp cabal. What is he director of footbal?
Fernandes fucked that club when he gave the reins to first Mark Hughes and then Redknapp & that lot.
Can’t sign anyone in January due to FFP, haven’t signed anyone yet. £17m fine.

Fernandes was gullible to say the least. Some great ideas, but mugged off by agents etc. To think he’s a spammer and wanted to buy them. He cunted off Sullivan, which stil rings true as they still haven’t built a new training ground, are in Europe and have been through more managers.

Hughes and Redknapp signed shit over hill players for stupid sums and paid silly wages.(Redknapp mainly on frees or loans but still added to their massive wage bill)
Samba, Diakite, Remy, Park, Granero, Ferdinand, Ryan fucking Nelsen Cesar, caulker, Sandro (overpaid and paid £50k a week for a once decent player who couldn’t stay fit, and after and injury, ironically at QPR, wasn’t the same player.....and messed up his visa . Had to leave and apply for a new came back and they were Championship fodder)

Notice how the media were Lampard Gerrard this and that. All went silent when on Lampard when Derby lost first 2 league games as new manager.

The media are absolutely certain that they will both be amazing and will manage Chelsea and Liverpool respectively within a few years.........life/football just very rarely works out like that

The major disappointment of the summer was that Woolwich weren't stupid enough to appoint Henry

Simon Jordan is no fan of Steven McLaren or QPR -

“I don’t dislike McClaren, but I think he’s a busted flush of a manager… if he ever was a flush.

“I feel that QPR putting him in charge of the club, at a time where they were in a difficult situation of their own making, illustrates the fundamental lack of understanding these owners have about the mechanics of football. When you look at QPR’s position, they have a Financial Fair sanction of £42million, which also prevents them signing any players this season. The scale of the financial mismanagement of QPR is staggering.
They have had Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone, Lakshmi Mittal and Tony Fernandes sitting in the board room, who have presided over the meltdown of a football club."
And, they have now brought in a manager who is presiding over the demise of a team – you don’t just get beat 7-1 by chance, you get beat 7-1 because you’re in poor fettle from top to bottom and you don’t then compound that by getting beat 3-0 at home by a very poor Bristol City side.
I don’t want to be over sensationalistic, but you look at some of the management appointments they have made and the transfers that have gone on…
I look at Harry Redknapp in the transfer window of 2013 – I would know more than to let Harry Redknapp preside over my transfer dealings autonomously than I would let a syphilitic nutter run around my brothel if I was a brothel keeper.
The owners have spent £80m, albeit of their own money, but the consequences of this are that the club can’t sign any players this season.
I’m staggered to think this could be allowed to happen on the watch of people who purport to have the best interest of the club in mind.
And then to bring in a manager like McClaren, whose work at forest and Newcastle was nothing short of a joke.
I know he did well at FC Twente, I know back in the day he did well as a coach and I know he thinks he’s the best coach god ever put breath into.
But QPR is a club that deserves far more than it’s got, it doesn’t deserve group of very well-heeled and financially viable people to put it in such a situation where the future of the cub and the division it plays in is in real jeopardy, even three games into the season.
I think Tony Fernandes should have spent less time Tweeting and more time running his business, , maybe then QPR would not be suffering in the way they are – and they are suffering and they will continue to suffer. I don’t think they’ve got any opportunity to change it.
And I don’t believe McClaren is the right man to do it.
They should have stuck with Neil Warnock in 2014 (sic – 2012) – he’s sensible and he understands the mechanics of how football really works, rather of these ridiculous appointments like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who were style of substance.
The QPR fans deserve better than people who have the prolificacy to spend their own money in abandon but leave the club in the condition it is in now.”

‘Steve McClaren is a busted flush - the mismanagement of QPR is staggering’

Bloody hell don't hold back!! :dierno:

Back
Top Bottom