Useless Managers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone mentioned Souness ?

Brenton ain’t all that either .
Anybody that has a bit of cash and is in charge of Rangers or Celtic will win everything Souness,Lennon,O’neil,Smith,McLeish ect all did it but not one had the same level of success out of the Scottish league.

Marco Silva, ok he's not useless but overrated my word.
He's barley even managed a whole season of games and already he's the first manager in the prem to concede 6+ goals at home with 3 DIFFERENT CLUBS!

Last edited:
Marco Silva, ok he's not useless but overrated my word.
He's barley even managed a whole season of games and already he's the first manager in the prem to concede 6+ goals at home with 3 DIFFERENT CLUBS!
Perhaps he is still adapting to the PL?

Bruce is likely to be getting the Wednesday job.

How do people like him, Hughes, Pullis et al keep getting work?
Bruce and Pulis guarantee Championship upper-mid table at least. Boring but safe. Hughes is a proven Premier League failure of course.

P. S. Ipswich sacked a manager acheiving just that in Mick Mccarthy and replaced him with a young up and coming name. They're now marooned at the bottom of the table. At the risk of stating the obvious, Chairmen don't like to take risks.

Last edited:

Why not Tony Pulis…?

Young managers don't seem to get a fair crack of the whip these days, one bad run and they all go running for the old boys club. It seems like once you get in that select group of managers you have a job for life somewhere.

I remember Grazioli at Barnet, was happy enough working with the youth team, jumped in and helped when Martin Allen went on one of his burtons. Had a good run, then had Lawrie fucking Sanchez thrown in above him, eventually replacing and removing him completely from the game of football.

Back
Top Bottom