Using 1882 to drum up support for the Levy out campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is incredibly easy to get non-multi-billionaire owners that can do a better job than ENIC. Just look at the history of the PL and other top leagues in Europe - all crammed full of examples of owners that have guided their clubs to overthrow the traditional powers like Barca, Juve, Man U etc while keeping their clubs safe from long term financial difficulties. Enic arrht!!.
Muppet of a thread.

im not going to defend levy or attack him over the stadium...

for sure it has taken too long but since not involved in the nitty gritty im not 100% sure of the obsticles they have faced or overcome to get it this far...

what i do know is that with a bigger stadium we will be in a much better position to do as carlito has suggested and take some risk...

in the mean time im content with how levy and enic is managing spurs financially...
The risk is in building the stadium - between ยฃ500 and ยฃ700 millon? Whilst still maintaining a competitive team? I don't know, I'm just a plum like everyone else, but ENIC doesn't appear to be a company that's willing to take that kind of financial risk. And if they are, it won't be at Tottenham. Look how keen they were to move to Stratford. That would have been the end. We would have become a modern day Woolwich, and the biggest hypocrites in English football. That, didn't seem to bother them.
German crowds, German football, Spanish crowds, Spanish football. Where would you put your billions if you were an investment company?
There are clearly more than a few jokers running football clubs in England as other people have pointed out, and I'm not ungrateful for the stability that ENIC have brought (at the same time making a fortune for themselves) but what they want, and what we need, are now two completely different things, and it's showing.
I hate to be negative, but that Q final against Real looks a million years ago now.

(at the same time making a fortune for themselves)

images

Go through our financial reports since they have taken over. You'd be surprised.

Well they paid ยฃ66 million for Tottenham and according to Forbes, Tottenham is worth ยฃ355 million now.

I'm not the best economist, but I know about inflation increasing nigh on every year. Also, if you compare Spurs to an old, run down house when they bought it. They have completely redeveloped the house, and made it what it is now (And what it is worth now)

Once/If they sell they will get a profit, but so far they haven't got a penny back. Probably made a loss to be honest.

I'm not the best economist, but I know about inflation increasing nigh on every year. Also, if you compare Spurs to an old, run down house when they bought it. They have completely redeveloped the house, and made it what it is now (And what it is worth now)

Once/If they sell they will get a profit, but so far they haven't got a penny back. Probably made a loss to be honest.
When/if they sell they'll make a big profit. I've got no problem with that. I also agree we are in a much better state since they've been running the club. That's clear. But I do think we have almost reached the end of the line with Enic. The stadium re-development is just too risky for their overly cautious approach in my remarkably ill- informed opinion. And it's only that.

The risk is in building the stadium - between ยฃ500 and ยฃ700 millon? Whilst still maintaining a competitive team? I don't know, I'm just a plum like everyone else, but ENIC doesn't appear to be a company that's willing to take that kind of financial risk. And if they are, it won't be at Tottenham. Look how keen they were to move to Stratford. That would have been the end. We would have become a modern day Woolwich, and the biggest hypocrites in English football. That, didn't seem to bother them.
German crowds, German football, Spanish crowds, Spanish football. Where would you put your billions if you were an investment company?
There are clearly more than a few jokers running football clubs in England as other people have pointed out, and I'm not ungrateful for the stability that ENIC have brought (at the same time making a fortune for themselves) but what they want, and what we need, are now two completely different things, and it's showing.
I hate to be negative, but that Q final against Real looks a million years ago now.

the stadium is a big risk in the sense that it will be hard to maintain a competetive team at the same time as paying off the debt..

but in every other way its an advantage...bigger wages, more sponserships, added value to the club..IMO levy and enic will build it within the next 5 years..wouldnt be surprise to see it complete round the 17/18 or 18-19 season..

the stadium is a big risk in the sense that it will be hard to maintain a competetive team at the same time as paying off the debt..

but in every other way its an advantage...bigger wages, more sponserships, added value to the club..IMO levy and enic will build it within the next 5 years..wouldnt be surprise to see it complete round the 17/18 or 18-19 season..
Once it's built, and full of fans, yes of course I agree with you 100%. My concern is the stadium is going to cost more than the club is worth, That wasn't the case for woowich. For that reason I think that potential investors will be faint hearted.

Go on enlighten me of better world options then. I hear Rosell might be available.

I've said before its not for a fan to know who & pretty much unanswerable but ok I'll have a go .... Apple.
Yup you could come back with The National Bank of Greece . Thing is , listing the other permiership owners makes little sense.

I've said before its not for a fan to know who & pretty much unanswerable but ok I'll have a go .... Apple.
Yup you could come back with The National Bank of Greece . Thing is , listing the other permiership owners makes little sense.

So you want someone with no previous of running a football club. Great.

The last time we wanted someone out with no obvious improvement with who to replace him with we ended up with Sherwood.

Thanks but I will stick with Levy.

So you want someone with no previous of running a football club. Great.

The last time we wanted someone out with no suggestions who to replace him with we ended up with Sherwood.

Thanks but I will stick with Levy.

& ENIC's history of running clubs ? Running business as a whole in fact. It's pretty poor

T. And if they are, it won't be at Tottenham. Look how keen they were to move to Stratford. That would have been the end.

Stratford was Levy/ENIC playing the system. They knew that their bid (w/out the athletics track) was never going to be successful given the whole obsession with sporting legacy, but by showing interest, they were able to bring Haringey council on board with the WHL bid. It showed Haringey that Spurs were looking at alternatives due to slow progress in terms of gaining planning approval up until that point and reaffirmed to them how important the club is to the area. Shrewd move IMO.

Stratford was Levy/ENIC playing the system. They knew that their bid (w/out the athletics track) was never going to be successful given the whole obsession with sporting legacy, but by showing interest, they were able to bring Haringey council on board with the WHL bid. It showed Haringey that Spurs were looking at alternatives due to slow progress in terms of gaining planning approval up until that point and reaffirmed to them how important the club is to the area. Shrewd move IMO.
Yes, I thought at the the time he was flying a kite to get the tube link built (Jubilee extension?) I forget now, it seems such a long time ago. Nonetheless I don't think DL shares our love of N17.

Back
Top Bottom