Using 1882 to drum up support for the Levy out campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As usual I don't hear a solution just a made up problem.

:)

I've already said it's not up to us . One thing I do know is that anyone willing to pay what enic want they'll sell in a flash. Be that poundland or the richest man on the planet , they'll not give a hoot as long as they get their ££

Last edited:
ENIC and Levy have brought us to the brink of top 4 but haven't been able to pull the trigger on deals on playing staff at the right time to solidify that. Forwards, centre backs, left backs...everything but midfielders is what we've needed in summer or in January and it hasn't happened. Add to that the managerial merry go round that Spurs have become and the evident frustration has an obvious cause.

However, it's clear that any number of other current owners in the Premier League have their flaws and we can extend that to, frankly, anyone who's got £1bn or more to buy and invest in THFC.

Are the Levy apologists simply choosing the devil we know? And if so, is that not completely in contrast to the Bill Nicholson quote that we all know and recite before we go to bed?

We've done this thread 100 different ways, keep Levy and ENIC lets just make sure there is significant advice given for next managerial appointment, which we have a few months now to get right

When we did finish 4th where was the moaning? Same board then, we live and die by our next manager appointment and they have to get it right - that's it, as if we make another bad one we slip further, less fans less interest forget the stadium and success

:)

I've already said it's not up to us . One thing I do know is that anyone will to pay what enic want they'll sell in a flash. Be that poundland or the richest man on the planet , they'll not give a hoot as long as they get their ££

You said that current premier league chairmen at other clubs is irrelevant to the discussion but here you have people like Kroenke, Lerner, Liebherrman, Glazer, Henry etc..etc... who have come out of nowhere and bought clubs. This is essentially what you want to see happen to Spurs yet would you be happy for any of those to run our club? Be careful what you wish for.

If you found Levy's transfer dealings frustrating then the recent Liverpool failures would probably tip you over the edge.

You said that current premier league chairmen at other clubs is irrelevant to the discussion but here you have people like Kroenke, Lerner, Liebherrman, Glazer, Henry etc..etc... who have come out of nowhere and bought clubs. This is essentially what you want to see happen to Spurs yet would you be happy for any of those to run our club? Be careful what you wish for.

If you found Levy's transfer dealings frustrating then the recent Liverpool failures would probably tip you over the edge.

And levy's / ENIC's history of running clubs is what exactly ? Be it Slavia,AEK Athens , Vicenza Calcio etc , ask their fans about Enic.Then you could look into the none footballing companies Warner Brother Studio Stores, Church St Station ,Autonomy , all with extremely dubious histories & financial misdemeanors.

The transfer policy is one thing , I also don't trust them one iota . Once the stadium is built that'll change but at the moment all I hear is stalling & see fans being overcharged for everything.

Last edited:
And levy's / ENIC's history of running clubs is what exactly ? Be it Slavia,AEK Athens , Vicenza Calcio etc , ask their fans about Enic.Then you could look into the none footballing companies Warner Brother Studio Stores, Church St Station ,Autonomy , all with extremely dubious histories & financial misdemeanors.

The transfer policy is one thing , I also don't trust them one iota . Once the stadium is built that'll change but at the moment all I hear is stalling & see fans being overcharged for everything.

If I recall correctly owning more than one club caused issues with UEFA and we got drawn against Slavia

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/sep/27/sport.comment

At that point ENIC committed themselves to Spurs.

That's the way I saw it at the time anyway.

I'm no fan of levy and havent been for a number of years but its amazing the shit he's pulled and people still backed him - yet the sacking of an underperforming vastly overated manager who deserved to go is the the thing thats really riled the happy clappers.

I'm no fan of levy and havent been for a number of years but its amazing the shit he's pulled and people still backed him - yet the sacking of an underperforming vastly overated manager who deserved to go is the the thing thats really riled the happy clappers.

I think it's what sending AVB, a young, ambitious manager (who had his flaws) on his way, after investing £100m under him represents, especially without a better appointment lined up immediately. At the time he was sacked, the season was still there for the taking and under the correct manager we could've still met our aims. Under Sherwood, we've flattered to deceive and are now coming undone.

I'm pretty sure his record in the league is better than AVB's so im not sure what you are trying to get at here...

With a small sample size, yes. My point is that the football is slightly more open and free flowing but I often see the same principal problem there as was present under AVB (which was certainly the case against Norwich), namely that we can get it to the final third and then not really know what we need to do next, our players become incredibly static and possession is lost.

When/if they sell they'll make a big profit. I've got no problem with that. I also agree we are in a much better state since they've been running the club. That's clear. But I do think we have almost reached the end of the line with Enic. The stadium re-development is just too risky for their overly cautious approach in my remarkably ill- informed opinion. And it's only that.

We need to see the stadium begun. Bricks laid. Then we can see that commitment etc.

I think one thing that unites all our fans is a realisation that whilst this little worm is in charge we will never get back to the top.

At the moment 1882 is the most powerful fans voice round the club and probably the only way to spread the word and whip up support.

How about some Levy out chants on Thursday? Let's light a fire up his ass because in my opinion he's gotten lazy.

Time for 1882 to come of age?
Enjoyed this post and following pages and surely that's what the forums about! Anything that starts with 'The one thing that unites the fans' that doesn't involve Judas or Bill Nic is a blatant cheeky wind up and we should just enjoy ourselves with it...
Saying we do start chanting Levy out tonight, what do people think will be the reaction from the club? How about this on the PA at half time: " Mr Levy has kindly pointed out that beer is now free at the bar, but it's £50 per piss and anyone urinating in the stands will be shot"

With a small sample size, yes. My point is that the football is slightly more open and free flowing but I often see the same principal problem there as was present under AVB (which was certainly the case against Norwich), namely that we can get it to the final third and then not really know what we need to do next, our players become incredibly static and possession is lost.

You say Norwich, I say Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom