USMNT Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can we possibly play worse than we did against Canada? It’s literally harder to play this shit than to get better. Fuck this shit. I’m going to bed. Can’t wait to see what Lalas has to say in the morning.

Good goal by the kid I’ve never heard of. We’ve got a lot of young talent but I’m not convinced by Berhalter.

2 LLETGET 2 QUIT
I love that guy!

I'm starting to wonder if the guys that play in Europe are too disconnected with US Soccer to really give a shit enough to be effective or that the guys who play in Europe are trying to be superstars that do everything instead of playing within the team structure and then providing that skill they have to help everyone be better.

I love that guy!

I'm starting to wonder if the guys that play in Europe are too disconnected with US Soccer to really give a shit enough to be effective or that the guys who play in Europe are trying to be superstars that do everything instead of playing within the team structure and then providing that skill they have to help everyone be better.
I laughed at halftime when one of the first commercials was McKennie in an ad and he says something like, "my goal is to get U.S. soccer to the highest competition."
:mourthumb:

For whatever it’s worth I don’t think the notion that our European wunderkinds don’t care about the national team is true at all.

I just think CONCACAF play, especially on the road, is really jarring and foreign to them.

For whatever it’s worth I don’t think the notion that our European wunderkinds don’t care about the national team is true at all.

I just think CONCACAF play, especially on the road, is really jarring and foreign to them.
How can it be foreign to them when they have been playing in CONCACAF for the last 4 years?

I mean a lot of them haven’t, right? Especially in an away WCQ scenario.

They should really stop playing every Gold Cup entirely in the US.
Only profitable in the US though, isn't it? Only other place you could potentially host it would be Mexico, and that comes with a host of issues (and wouldn't make nearly as much money as in the US).

Only profitable in the US though, isn't it? Only other place you could potentially host it would be Mexico, and that comes with a host of issues (and wouldn't make nearly as much money as in the US).
Canada could and would fill stadiums as well. We might not have the population, but the game is really growing here.
The real shame is we’ll never see an “America’s Cup” kind of tournament with South and North America more like the Euros. That would be great, but these bureaucrats would never let anyone else host it.

Back
Top Bottom