USMNT Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, for vast stretches we were just outplayed and the US wasn’t able to capitalize. It’s looking exciting for us though, as we could qualify for our first WC since 1986!
The US is the embodiment is Redknapp’s “just fucking run around a bit.” Berhalter literally has no tactics for the team, and they apparently think work rate will just win us games. Objectively, I don’t think that the Canadian team is really all that good, but fair credit to them that they are well organized, have a strategy and everyone sticks to their roles, and have been clinical when they need to score. Well deservedly leading the table right now.

McKennie is the best player on the team now. Better than Pulisic if you ask me.
Yep and I’m not sure Pulisic is 2nd best, based on recent form anyway. McKennie, Tyler Adams, and possibly Tim Weah and Brendon Aaronson all in the conversation.

Playing this game in frigid conditions when they could have played somewhere like Cali is an embarrassment.

Yep and I’m not sure Pulisic is 2nd best, based on recent form anyway. McKennie, Tyler Adams, and possibly Tim Weah and Brendon Aaronson all in the conversation.

Playing this game in frigid conditions when they could have played somewhere like Cali is an embarrassment.
For me it’s probably Weah and Pepi as the other undroppables.

Dumbest shit ever. Berhalter suggested it. Another bad call by him. Shocker, right?
Oh I don't know.. lol

The US should have a national stadium like wembley. Maybe in DC
I like the moving around. You have to remember the US is a big place and if the team played in DC all the time a ton of people wouldn’t have a chance to watch. Minnesota has a great venue, but it’s just idiotic to play there in the winter.

but then it's like the harlem globetrotters rather than a national sporting event. "hey look honey, the soccer's in town. want to go see? no, I'm having my nails done'

I stick with the national stadium idea

but then it's like the harlem globetrotters rather than a national sporting event. "hey look honey, the soccer's in town. want to go see? no, I'm having my nails done'

I stick with the national stadium idea
Well I guess congratulations to the people in the 5 states around DC that can get to the game and fuck the other 45.

A national stadium is an asinine idea. No offense.

Its not a hot take. I've been to Washington DC like 6 times.
Oh I see. Well I'm going to have to alert The Agency that we've had a leak and the truth is out there.

Wasn't looking forward to handling this much paperwork today.

Especially in DC. Place is a shithole.
I mean if we're going to think outside of a late 18th century mindset of having something in DC just because it's central to the original 13 states...

...why not have it in the center of the lower 48 states, that's fair for everyone right? CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW NATIONAL STADIUM LEBANON, KANSAS!!
:contethumb:

How many countries actually have a national stadium? Most seem to move around. They nearly sold off Wembley a few years back because it's not viable

I mean if we're going to think outside of a late 18th century mindset of having something in DC just because it's central to the original 13 states...

...why not have it in the center of the lower 48 states, that's fair for everyone right? CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW NATIONAL STADIUM LEBANON, KANSAS!!
:contethumb:
Well it's actually a place where US Soccer could afford a stadium.

Back
Top Bottom