USMNT Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well it’s our turn to play Mexico on Tuesday. I went to the game last night (Canada vs Costa Rica) and it was awesome! We had 48,000 fans in Edmonton and got the 1-0 victory.

I’m debating making the trek back for Mexico on Tuesday night. It’s 3 hours each way, and I do have to work Wednesday morning…but we had so much fun last night that I’m thinking about it.
Glad to hear there was such good attendance. It would be a 6 hours drive for me both ways which I consider relatively close for Canada. Unfortunately work made it impossible this week. I’m hoping Edmonton in November gives us some kind of advantage. I’m also praying Panama slip up and we make the WC.

I always try and stay positive but it took me about 30 minutes into the match to start fuming at the announcers. Like why are they so apologetic for the opposing team all the time? Saying the ref couldn't see the face grab... he's literally right there! At some point there was a foul and the Mexican player should of gotten a yellow and the announcer is just talking about how good of a defender he is... like WTF?! I feel insane every time I watch the USMNT and it's directly related to the ref's and announcers.

Also we should of thrown someone on to take that dude out. Like we're the team you can just keep hard fouling with no response it feels like.

/rant (now I'll continue complaining to all my co-workers who don't watch proper football lol)

Well it’s our turn to play Mexico on Tuesday. I went to the game last night (Canada vs Costa Rica) and it was awesome! We had 48,000 fans in Edmonton and got the 1-0 victory.

I’m debating making the trek back for Mexico on Tuesday night. It’s 3 hours each way, and I do have to work Wednesday morning…but we had so much fun last night that I’m thinking about it.

Glad to hear there was such good attendance. It would be a 6 hours drive for me both ways which I consider relatively close for Canada. Unfortunately work made it impossible this week. I’m hoping Edmonton in November gives us some kind of advantage. I’m also praying Panama slip up and we make the WC.
I sincerely hope that ya'll make it along with us; don't much care if Mexico does lol but sure they will. Canada has some outstanding players such as Davies who are quite fun to watch and best team ya'll have ever had I'm sure?

Again I really do hope ya'll make it because could cause some trouble for teams in Qatar no doubt and Canadian fans deserve it. Good luck against Mexico and hopefully we take care of business against Jamaica.

I always try and stay positive but it took me about 30 minutes into the match to start fuming at the announcers. Like why are they so apologetic for the opposing team all the time? Saying the ref couldn't see the face grab... he's literally right there! At some point there was a foul and the Mexican player should of gotten a yellow and the announcer is just talking about how good of a defender he is... like WTF?! I feel insane every time I watch the USMNT and it's directly related to the ref's and announcers.

Also we should of thrown someone on to take that dude out. Like we're the team you can just keep hard fouling with no response it feels like.

/rant (now I'll continue complaining to all my co-workers who don't watch proper football lol)
Sounds very CONCACAF usually just the shitest officials.

Tough 2 points to drop but away in CONCACAF is always difficult. And also let us be honest here, Jamaica should have won 2-1 that was a soft call so really I'll take the point. Still in really good shape.

Also, congrats to our brothers up North, anytime Mexico loses is good(Yes I know a draw would have been better for us overall) but I like Canada and want them to qualify along with us of course.

It's wild how any player who had any technical quality used to stick out like a sore thumb with the USMNT, but now, it's players who don't who are really noticeable.

Antonee Robinson, I'm looking at you.

Anyway, total dominance, but have to have the breakthrough here soon, this needs to be three points.

Berhalter has never really impressed me tbf; I wanted Marsch to get the job.
He’s done a good job and I like what he has done with squad selection, but I do fear what happens with this team when we aren’t playing CONCACAF fodder. The team is young, talented, and have boundless energy but I really don’t know what tactics we are actually trying to employ aside from just overloading teams with bodies.

Back
Top Bottom