VAR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has VAR Ruined Football?

• Total voters
VAR are trying to apply the letter of the law to everything which is impossible. They are human and judging things with a bit more info than the ref and assistant which just leads to inconsistency.
Also they don’t listen to what fans wanted.
We have goaline technology which works just fine and everyone is happy with.
All we wanted was to eliminate obvious errors in the offside. Ones where a lad was a foot offside and the assistant didn’t see it.
Goals like Richie’s the other day should be given. If it takes longer than ten seconds to judge then it should be given.
Keep it simple and keep the game going.

VAR are trying to apply the letter of the law to everything which is impossible. They are human and judging things with a bit more info than the ref and assistant which just leads to inconsistency.
Also they don’t listen to what fans wanted.
We have goaline technology which works just fine and everyone is happy with.
All we wanted was to eliminate obvious errors in the offside. Ones where a lad was a foot offside and the assistant didn’t see it.
Goals like Richie’s the other day should be given. If it takes longer than ten seconds to judge then it should be given.
Keep it simple and keep the game going.

Goal line technology can be stupid as fuck though, all it does is show an image.

Let's not forget this farce.

For the fraction of a mm on the line, I'd want that line measured to make sure it is exactly, to the thousandth of an inch, exactly regulation thickness.

I still maintain that the best solution, and 'protest' at VAR would be for EVERY football fan inside the ground to greet EVERY goal with absolute silence.... UNTIL VAR DEEM IT OK FOR US TO CELEBRATE!

A bit petulant, I know, and it would take every ounce of restraint, and go against every instinctive gutteral passion... But IMAGINE them trying to sell THAT silent, non reaction product to the world!?
Or, if I were a player, I'd protest by not celebrating my goal, stand still and draw a screen in the air then wait with arms folded.

I think that would have a big impact and would translate to the fans.

The technology isn’t good enough
This is my biggest issue with it. They are trying to measure down to the millimeter when the freeze frame can be blurred across inches. You are taking a subjective guess and making it an objective data point. There's no benefit in that over using your eye to judge in a situation such as Richy's one. It's farcical and creates ill feeling among fans watching on the TV as well as in the staium.

This is my biggest issue with it. They are trying to measure down to the millimeter when the freeze frame can be blurred across inches. You are taking a subjective guess and making it an objective data point. There's no benefit in that over using your eye to judge in a situation such as Richy's one. It's farcical and creates ill feeling among fans watching on the TV as well as in the staium.
Yep. No way on earth should they be convicting a player of being a fraction offside when there's absolutely no conclusive way of knowing the exact moment the ball was kicked.

Cant believe that pen decision looking again, zero contact. Southampton player flying in like a clown
And it's not overturned.

Thinking back to last week, I've seen stills of that richarlison goal and he's clearly onside, behind the play, level at the very worse but var rules it out .

Something very corrupt going on in this League, not sure if it will ever get exposed unfortunately

Cant believe that pen decision looking again, zero contact. Southampton player flying in like a clown
And it's not overturned.

Thinking back to last week, I've seen stills of that richarlison goal and he's clearly onside, behind the play, level at the very worse but var rules it out .

Something very corrupt going on in this League, not sure if it will ever get exposed unfortunately

I don't care enough to check what happens with other teams. But are other teams getting fucked badly on a weekly basis too?

Seems to be every week or at least every other week when it comes to us. Whether it's decisions that are given as offside when they're not. Or things not given as offside. Penalty decisions that shouldn't be given and penalties that should. Fouls in build ups that aren't given etc.

And it's not overturned.

The corruption is so obvious it makes prince Andrew look above board.

Honestly the officiating in general is a joke

I won't be convinced that this league ain't rigged now. VAR has made is so obvious now everything is checked when they simply don't want to give a decision

The PL is fast becoming like the WWE imo "mistake" after "mistake" every week goals ruled out for no reason and goals and decisions obviously incorrect allowed to stand.

The pen decision today is perhaps the worst I've ever seen multiple camera positions showed no contact don't even send the ref over

Fucking corrupt load of shit and I'm seriously considering turning away from the PL. Every week it's just ref controversy

And it's not overturned.

Would be nice to hear the views of some ref´s on this forum, we should have some!

I don´t know the rules, but can you actually get a penalty for intention??? Because there were no touch at all in that situation!

I´m fucking fuming, aren´t these people fucking ashamed of themselves? Because it must be know to the F.A., PGMOL, and SKY by now that we fans now know they are corrupt. Will anyone do ANYTHING about it???

Honestly the officiating in general is a joke

I won't be convinced that this league ain't rigged now. VAR has made is so obvious now everything is checked when they simply don't want to give a decision

The PL is fast becoming like the WWE imo "mistake" after "mistake" every week goals ruled out for no reason and goals and decisions obviously incorrect allowed to stand.

The pen decision today is perhaps the worst I've ever seen multiple camera positions showed no contact don't even send the ref over

Fucking corrupt load of shit and I'm seriously considering turning away from the PL. Every week it's just ref controversy
Strange that it always works in the favour of Liverpool, ManU, Woolwich, and the moneybrothers City, Chelski, and Newcastle these VAR decisions, isn´t it??

Or are we being harsh?? Maybe it´s just EXTREMELY biased fan-boys sitting in those VAR-rooms. That would be as bad really, fuckin cunts!!

I was naive enough to believe that VAR would finally take away injustice, and suspicions of some teams getting favours, but it has just enhanced it, at least in England.

We all remember the Fergie years, where the expression Fergie-time was born, and ManUre got 10 extra points a season through dodgy decisions. I really believed that VAR would put an end to that, but boy was i wrong.

Back
Top Bottom