VAR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has VAR Ruined Football?

• Total voters
If VAR was at the Boro game, it’s quite possible that both the Kane disallowed goal and the Boro winner would be reversed. Terrible that the FA have allowed a competition to have it in some matches but not in others - games are literally not being played under the same conditions 😵‍💫
Why would boro goal be reversed?

He didn't even try to play once the ball went through
For me if your in an offside position you should be given offside. As for this bollocks about not interfering with play what's he doing on the pitch then. The law makers have fucked about with the offside rule many times but, the best rule is if the attacking side has a player in an offside position then your offside. That would make the rule clear to everyone.

For me if your in an offside position you should be given offside. As for this bollocks about not interfering with play what's he doing on the pitch then. The law makers have fucked about with the offside rule many times but, the best rule is if the attacking side has a player in an offside position then your offside. That would make the rule clear to everyone.
Calm down Cloughie, It's not 1987 anymore

VAR should be for decisions that have no grey area, otherwise its just someone else's opinion.
So, offside's , ball in and out of play ( including all areas of the pitch ) ect
leave the rest to the Ref and if he needs to look for himself on the camera footage, so be it.

No.

Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle have done more damage to football than VAR with their economic ruining of the game.

I would also add that VAR isn’t to bad in European competition. It’s us who fuck it up, in the prem their is no common sense, offside for example, VAR should only ever get involved when there is a clear error because the game has always been about giving the benefit of the doubt to the attackers, we have turned it into his pube was offside.

There are issues with VAR, but it’s how we use the technology more than the technology itself, we don’t conduct anything in the spirit of the game rather than exact letter of the law and even then as per the Everton missed pen we fuck up.

Really it’s the governing of the game that is the biggest issue from the owners we allow to buy our clubs to the jobsworth match officials.

In all seriousness though the law makers have fucked it up so badly
Not really. If it was off side because a player who wasn't involved in that passage of play every time, the game would get stopped every few minutes. It would be dreadful.
I'd much, much rather a player can stay out of that passage of play and a team mate break through, on side, and score.

It is the lack of transparency the FA use to make VAR another obstacle especially for Spurs. The refs and linos are against Tottenham, and VAR has become another arm to chalk Spurs goals off. Today the lino who was constantly giving Tottenham offside and fake news BBC never looked at them even when Harry Kane was fouled before he scored onside.

Don't think Tottenham will ever win a trophy while they have to battle all the refs, linos and VAR in every game!
:contefacepalm2:

Fuck me, as if there is any need for some kind of officiating conspiracy theory to prevent the Mighty Tottenham Hotspur glory train from hoovering up every trophy in the land, our playing staff are more than capable of doing that on their own...

Back
Top Bottom