Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barcelona complains about the VAR

VARgonzoso is a joke of words - verguenza : shame

sport15.jpg

One of the most reliable and unbiased sites out there. Weird since I thought we got decisions all the time...

I love to watch Premier League games and I will always try to watch Spurs games when I'm able to, but the introduction of the VAR has ruined the experience of watching English football for me.

You cannot cheer for a goal anymore because chances are the VAR will rule it off-side or something else.

I may have been wrong, but I still believe that the main issue is how it was implemented and how the rules were rewritten.
It was always going to take more away from the game than it gives back.

Too much grey in football for it to work and if it corrects a few howlers is it worth all the negative that comes with it - nope.

Football is great, there was no majority who wanted VAR - why are we still set that it will stay, probably TV companies.

I find nothing wrong with the introduction of the system itself, the problem is the stupid pricks analysing the footage and making the wrong decision, time and time again. It's one thing to cock up in a split second as in the 'golden oldie' days when there was no way of reviewing but to sit and watch incidents over and over (and over) then still come to the wrong conclusion is fucking scandalous.
There should definitely be some sort of appeal clubs can make, not so from a result point of view, but from a way of identifying the worst VAR officials. There has to be good and bad ones so let's find out exactly who they are.

They should get 10 seconds to review the footage. If it takes longer than that to identify an issue it isn’t ‘clear and obvious’.
Yep, if it takes longer and 57 views from 86 cameras it is most defiantly NOT clear OR obvious. Last nights decision was either farcical or just down right cheating. I still believe we played awful and got our arses served on a plate BUT it was still an incredibly bad bad decision.

Back
Top Bottom