Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There will be a few given and a few not given due to pros using their common sense and everyone will be shouting for consistency.

Just get rid.
they wont get rid. its here to stay it just needs to be improved and have competent people calling the decisions.

in the newcastle game it was much better than it is in the league. better offside tech, they checked for a penalty and actually stopped play when the ball was around the halfway line instead of waiting for it to go dead, took 5 seconds to make a decision and carried on. soo much better in the champions league.

you wouldnt get him but if you had someone who knows football like souness in VAR looking at the challenges then they would get 95% plus correct in no time at all. hed actually be able to explain why he gave what he did in the big moments too after.

in the newcastle game it was much better than it is in the league. better offside tech, they checked for a penalty and actually stopped play when the ball was around the halfway line instead of waiting for it to go dead, took 5 seconds to make a decision and carried on. soo much better in the champions league.
Newcastle were on a breakaway, they stopped the game and decided it wasn't a penalty meaning Newcastle lost that opportunity. Not sure how that's an improvement myself.

It will always take away more than it gives

Will it?

If they made it 30 seconds to decide and then actually looked at the language they use for it's application - and the language of all the laws that they have fucked into crippling ambiguity - it would actually help to level the playing field.

Whereas atm it's only helping the same big, legacy clubs maintain their advantages.

Will it?

If they made it 30 seconds to decide and then actually looked at the language they use for it's application - and the language of all the laws that they have fucked into crippling ambiguity - it would actually help to level the playing field.

Whereas atm it's only helping the same big, legacy clubs maintain their advantages.
Yes it will. Too much grey,you are only moving and intensifying the arguments while slowing down the game and fucking over match going fans.

It's not like fans weren't getting fucked over by officiating before VAR. I'm guessing you haven't been a Spurs fan for long?
You get fucked over but can accept it more as you expect more from VAR and it can't deliver. Getting fucked by the ref is more palatable than getting fucked by VAR.

I'm guessing you can't remember football being better pre VAR, I'm guessing you haven't been following football for long?

they wont get rid. its here to stay it just needs to be improved and have competent people calling the decisions.

you wouldnt get him but if you had someone who knows football like souness in VAR looking at the challenges then they would get 95% plus correct in no time at all. hed actually be able to explain why he gave what he did in the big moments too after.
Why? How would he hide his anti spurs bias. This sgit of ex pros involved in var is ridiculous

Will it?

Just a general question. Have you stopped celebrating goals as much? I know i have. Rarely a goal is given without a hold up. All it is now is a little fist pump when var allows it. Sucking the joy out of it

You get fucked over but can accept it more as you expect more from VAR and it can't deliver. Getting fucked by the ref is more palatable than getting fucked by VAR.

I'm guessing you can't remember football being better pre VAR, I'm guessing you haven't been following football for long?

I don’t find getting fucked to be palatable at all mate and we definitely got fucked before. There is no excuse for getting fucked with VAR. I don’t want to GO BACK to the time when they had an excuse. I want them to use the technology to actually remove the excuse.

Right, because the people operating it don’t know what football is.
Majority of real football people thought Romero was a red. You going to be happy when VAR gives that a red because real football people gave it or feel more fucked over because they should know better.

It's shit and will always take away more than it gives. People who wanted it think there's a way for it to ref the perfect game they want to see ( which may have different decisions from decisons others want to see).

Just a general question. Have you stopped celebrating goals as much? I know i have. Rarely a goal is given without a hold up. All it is now is a little fist pump when var allows it. Sucking the joy out of it

Yeah definitely, it has been like that from the start for me pretty much.

The last two home games it has been pointless celebrating. I even thought they would find a way to rule out lo Celso's goal somehow.

id have to see it again but i thought the ball was around the halfway line and sort of going nowhere. if they actually stopped a counter newcastle would of kicked up a fuss.
Half way line with the Newcastle forward running at PSG defenders (2 I think) which was the only joy they were getting at the time. Was definitely moving forwards at the time.

Back
Top Bottom