Villa match fred: Danny Blanchflower derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fergie took Raymondo's advice and did the in play at halftime for Man U. to draw. That needed five minutes stoppage. A win would've required six. Simple pleasures, simple demands… man's got some whiskey to buy, after all.

Again, Adebayor proved (at least to me anyway) why he should be starting ahead of Defoe.

I think that if he uses this international break to get back to fitness he will probably start the next game. Unless Defoe scores 10 goals in the two internationals.

Is Ade still retired from international football?

I'm glad Adebayor is back :ade:
tumblr_m9672v2cOY1rpxguko6_r1_250.gif

So let me get this straight.

1) We replace our manager with someone with a vastly different system.
2) Two of our most important players are transferred (Modric and VDV).
3) Our club captain and all time legend retires.
4) Our club player of the year last season (Parker) has yet to feature this year.
5) The PFA young player of the season last year (Walker) has been arguably our weakest starter.
6) We are missing at least 4-5 key players to injury (Kaboul, BAE, Adebayor, Naughton, Parker).
7) Missed out on our number 1 target (Moutinho) in the transfer window.
8) The press has put a hit out on our manager.

Yet despite all of that we are fifth in the league firmly in the mix with the top teams and unbeaten in 9 games.

Fuuuuuuck you Jiggins!!!!! Come on you fucking Spurs!!

So let me get this straight.

[...]

Yet despite all of that we are third in the league and unbeaten in 9 games.

Fuuuuuuck you Jiggins!!!!! Come on you fucking Spurs!!

Would have hit the 'agree' button, but well we're 5th. :avbshit:

Unless you're trying to say that the Chavs and Man City don't count because they're cunts.

Yeah
Would have hit the 'agree' button, but well we're 5th. :avbshit:

Unless you're trying to say that the Chavs and Man City don't count because they're cunts.

Well that's a better excuse than I would have had. Just edited it. Forgot that United was still playing and wasn't counting the fact Everton is beating us on GD. Still buzzing from the game and all the journalists with their tails in between their legs. Point still stands though, we are playing incredibly well even though a lot has went against us.

It was the kind of game that we needed following the United game. Villa are not an impressive team, they sit back but aren't good enough to defend deep not quick enough to play a counter attack game.

From where I was sat in the lower east the first half of the first half we were to concerned with playing on the left, once we stretched the pitch and used Lennon, who was excellent again, Villa were there for the taking.

Vertonghen, Sandro and Gallas deserve special mentions along with Lennon, each of them played fantastically.

Villa fans were amusing, not hilarious but entertaining and I thought the crowd was pretty good, too....if little flat at the start of the second half.

I'm enjoying what I am seeing.

Re: Anything anti-Sigg

The guy is only 23, he's got the technical abilities of many a player in our starting XI. Pretty much the ideal player for someone like VB, the way he is coached over the next few years will shape him as a player: be it into a CAM, a CM, a wide player or even a striker. Point is, he has got buckets of potential and just needs to find the position that suits him best. He's no clown. He'll be a very good player in coming years.

No doubt AVB will be studying the game today as he's the type of manager who go over everything with a fine tooth comb. I hope he tells Bale to cut that shit out

The only thing I'll say in Bale's defense is that he gets smacked around so often (and injured as a result) that I can see this incident specifically (and some of his dives) as a defense mechanism. That's not to say I like it.

The keeper fooled him, he came in swinging his boot but kicked the ground instead, Bale went down expecting a contact that never came.

Back
Top Bottom