Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Confused_Grandma.0.gif

I'm sticking up for him here before the usual onslaught...

He made the first goal.

He shud never have been the one to deal with Antonio ffs - that guy has scored more headers than anyone in the Prem in 2016.

And that fabulous chasing down and beating of 4 spammers over on the RHS around 70 mins was worthy of its own gif.

He'll come good if we dont drag his confidence through the floor

Yesterday he was annonymous again and gave away a silly pen. He went off and we scored 2 goals.
He assisted the equaliser - how can you ignore that?

Kane was dog shit beginning of last season - then went on to win the golden boot.

I really don't understand this instant gratification mentality

I'm not a fan of people jumping in on a player's first season.

Kane was dreadful for years, even when he was out on loan, couldn't hit a barn door in Europe when he started playing for the first team and he's a player used to the English game.

Janssen was a top goal scorer in the Dutch league, which means he knows where the goal is, he's got the potential to be a very good player, but he's lacking in confidence, whether that's because he's playing a different role, the physicality of the defenders in the prem, whatever.

But at 22 we need to give him another season, I think its easy to compare him to Soldado but the biggest difference is we bought in Soldado when we had no striker, so we paid a premium for a 28-29 year old to start banging in goals straight away, luckily enough Kane started finding his shooting boots so we didn't need to.

We bought Janssen as a back up to Kane, he got thrown in the deep end with a lot of pressure on his shoulders when Kane got injured.

Give him one more season, he's got it in him I know it, but if he doesn't perform then, that's when we cut our losses

He didn't deserve to be humiliated yesterday, because that's exactly what it was, we bring off our striker leading 3-0 and leave the only other striker sitting on the bench while we bring on the plank that is Sissoko. If the manager doesn't rate him fair enough, don't put him in the match day squad then.

As a both Fenerbahce and Tottenham fan , I am sorry for him.He will work with a bad coach called ''Aykut Kocaman''.Kocaman will probably choose Soldado over Jansenn.I will try to keep you updated from Turkey about Jansenn.
Sorry for my bad English.

Fucking hell the expectations from some of you lot are absolutely ridiculous. It is clear that Vincent has top qualities when it comes to holding up and involving other players - he set Dele up for a one on one in the first half last game and made it look super easy. If he can create goalscoring opportunities for the three behind him then does it matter if he isn't scoring? He is most likely being told to occupy space in between defenders and open lanes for others to fill.

The kid can obviously score as he has shown for AZ and Holland, and he is only a 22 year old in a new team and new league after all. Can we also think about the fact that he was bought as a backup / option and Harry is still our number 1. We don't need this guy to be a 20 goal striker because we already have one!

All in all, chill your fucking nuts.

Back
Top Bottom