Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember Bob Soldier's YouTube highlights of volley and half volleys.
Me too. Every night when I try to sleep.

HairyNaiveIndiancow.gif

sobbing.gif

The way we play, pre season is important which is why we need to sign whatever striker we decide soon. I do not go with this back up striker idea. The new striker is bought to compete for a place in the starting line up as often as possible. There are many matches to be played especially if we do well in the cups. The way Kane played in the Euros and after his poor start to last season I would give him an extended break. He may not then start the season as first choice but come off the bench until fully fit. This will benefit Kane in the long run and allow the new striker a good start as long as he completes a good pre season.
I expect there will be many times if we need a goal that both strikers will play.
If however we either do not sign a striker or sign one late, with Son at the Olympics, kane will have to play, fit or not. Not a good option

The way we play, pre season is important which is why we need to sign whatever striker we decide soon. I do not go with this back up striker idea. The new striker is bought to compete for a place in the starting line up as often as possible. There are many matches to be played especially if we do well in the cups. The way Kane played in the Euros and after his poor start to last season I would give him an extended break. He may not then start the season as first choice but come off the bench until fully fit. This will benefit Kane in the long run and allow the new striker a good start as long as he completes a good pre season.
I expect there will be many times if we need a goal that both strikers will play.
If however we either do not sign a striker or sign one late, with Son at the Olympics, kane will have to play, fit or not. Not a good option

Too sensible.

Of course Kane needs a rest and evidently the longer players have to bed in the better it is for all concerned.

We need two strikers and more besides.

Our squad played near its optimum last season and needs bolstering.

Lets hope we get some movement this week.

ef8388200b0164bdae24376f7701d553.jpg

Funny, Greg Stobart is usually pretty on the money (no pun intended) wth regards to Spurs rumours.

I guess AZ are using my FIFA managerial technique for selling a player then. Seems to have worked for them.
Greg Stobart is the only journo worth his salt when it comes to Spurs news. If he says it's so, it generally is.

I was a little worried until his last sentence. Settled me.

Fair enough Oz. I think he's rubbish - a head down selfish footballer, now whining about being released for S Korea. I think it's obvious that Poch has lost faith - especially with his keenness to fuck of to the Olympics. I'm good at spotting these types of players - expensive mistake mate.
I wouldnt call him rubish, but unfortunately he is not suited for the PL. He does close to no defensive work and shines in games where all he has to worry about is attack. In our last game you could see that he just doesnt fit the system. Lamela had to play on the left side to fit Son in and we missed that Walker+Lamela that sometimes creates fantastic work.

Sorry, I just realized that I quoted an aincent post mate.

Why are we cheaping out at 20mil? This is the fucking PL and every club knows that there is money here. WE better get used to these insane prices and wages. I mean 38mil for Mane!!!!

Why are we cheaping out at 20mil? This is the fucking PL and every club knows that there is money here. WE better get used to these insane prices and wages. I mean 38mil for Mane!!!!
To quote an Anthony Hopkins movie, who's more the fool, the fool or the fool who follows the fool?

Back
Top Bottom