Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That or Ipswich Town! ... my old man is a cockney.. his old chap was a gooner.. my old man liked to go against him. Could have been Wet Spam, could have been gooners! Glad we are Spurs

I'm loving how smug Poch looks

Vincent-Janssen-of-Spurs.jpg
yOFNah9.jpg

So everyone else will be better when most of our competitors are starting over with a new manager, new tactics to go with it and big changes in their squads. While we'll be just as good, when we're building further upon a two-year foundation.

Solid logic :dembele:
If you don't think all the other big teams are going to improve you are kidding yourself. Chelsea have Conte who is an exceptional manager and they will undoubtedly be better than the shambles they were last year (unfortunately), United now have not only Mourinho but Zlatan and Mkhytarian and they will grind out results playing Jose's crappy football, City have arguably the best manager in the world in Guardiola and have added Gundogan and Nolito to what was probably the best squad on paper in the league anyway. Liverpool will benefit with a full Klopp pre-season, although their mediocre squad most likely will mean they won't be challenging for anything. Everybody will improve, even us, but we have to make sure we go that extra length to get to a better stage than last season.

If you don't think all the other big teams are going to improve you are kidding yourself. Chelsea have Conte who is an exceptional manager and they will undoubtedly be better than the shambles they were last year (unfortunately), United now have not only Mourinho but Zlatan and Mkhytarian and they will grind out results playing Jose's crappy football, City have arguably the best manager in the world in Guardiola and have added Gundogan and Nolito to what was probably the best squad on paper in the league anyway. Liverpool will benefit with a full Klopp pre-season, although their mediocre squad most likely will mean they won't be challenging for anything. Everybody will improve, even us, but we have to make sure we go that extra length to get to a better stage than last season.

Think you forgot to mention the actual Champions in there? City whilst having the managerial genius of Pep who took lowly Barcelona and Bayern to uncharted waters of winning stuff. Have strengthened signing Gundogan (injured) and Nolito (this seasons Navas). They still have the same old crocked squad. The Chavs and Conte will be interesting but still not convinced Conte's brand of calcio will be suited to the PL. Mourinho currently damaged goods with his very poor Chavs stint. Those sides cannot possibly be worse than last season especially with new men in charge and philosophies to implement.

We cannot be any better with our settled squad and key signings because everyone else is outspending us. Leagues are not won with the best squad on paper as Leicester have proven.

So it's pronounced "YANN-sen"? Not "YONN-sen" or "JANN-sen"?

(I've been thinking about this for the past few weeks... probably could have easily just youtube'd the fucker)

how long before Vincent gets a Daniel Johnson haircut, some tats, a big fuck off watch and some beats wireless?
Something tells me he won't.

We STILL lack and therefore NEED a calm experienced head as part of our strike force.

Someone who is or would be prepared to give us 20 to 25 minutes if the game required it.

Whilst I am glad we have signed another target and see that as a positive step I do sense a need for calm coldness in front of goal but also on the pitch at times. The games with West Brom, Chelsea and Southampton to a lesser extent made that point emphatically.

It is obviously not Pochettino's way to bring older players to the club and runs very much counter to someone like Mourinho but I think it's a slight flaw.

A few weeks to fo before the window closes. I would still love to see Shane Long at a sensible price or a similar type and a couple more players. Berahino could still be an option arguably.

Essential in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom