Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's stop fucking melting and judge Vincent at the end of the season or at the beginning of next season!

Trust in Poch

:pochserious2:

I've not commented on Vinnie yet, but after my criticism of Sonny resulted in me looking like a horse's arse, and him looking like a world beater, I have no hesitation in saying that Vincent is the worst footballer ever to play in the PL, and if he doesn't find the net soon he should - after a short period of imprisonment - be sold to Wellington Phoenix.

Is it possible to trust in Poch without trusting in Janssen?

Poch has earned a trust, he has given a lot of players matchtime without the backing from the fans. Chadli, Lamela, Son etc. He gets it right again and again, and is clearly not trusted on the decision of using Janssen. Because he gets picked.

So, to make a long speech short - you don't trust him on his decision to pick Janssen.

I've not commented on Vinnie yet, but after my criticism of Sonny resulted in me looking like a horse's arse, and him looking like a world beater, I have no hesitation in saying that Vincent is the worst footballer ever to play in the PL, and if he doesn't find the net soon he should - after a short period of imprisonment - be sold to Wellington Phoenix.

I also look like a horses' arse after slagging Sonny so agree with the imprisonment but would add a weekends B & B in Harlow to the punishment or room share with Sausage Vince on his oil rig!

:levyeyes:

To be fair to Vinnie... he has everything in his game except the goalscoring bit (for us)... his hold up ability, strength, intelligence off the ball... all that's missing are the goals at the end of it.
Dare I suggest it, but once Kane comes back, maybe it's VINNIE who drops deeper to support Kane, rather than what Kane was doing at the beginning of this season to accommodate Vinnie...??

Maybe Janssen ends up dropping deeper into the attacking midfield, if his goalscoring isn't going to be as prolific as first hoped... A modern-day Paul Stewart if you will!

just a thought...

So, I think we need to give Vinnie time.
Only a fool would ignore the form he showed at AZ.
Last season he started slowly, but ended with 27 goals in 34 appearances.
Don't forget he's very young, and has plenty of growth in him yet.
All players need time to settle, and it's a big shift from the Eredivisie to the Premier League.
Dutch football isn't quite at the same level, but Poch clearly sees something in him, and so do I.
One goal from open play, maybe tonight, and he'll be fantastic!

All players need time to settle, and it's a big shift from the Eredivisie to the Premier League.
Dutch football isn't quite at the same level, but Poch clearly sees something in him, and so do I.

I
S
ee
What
You
Did
There
....oh, doesn't work for me!

I
S
ee
What
You
Did
There
....oh, doesn't work for me!

Agree with you.
Good idea this
Reading down the line to make another word.
Easy when you know how
Ee by gum lad, that was grand....

......did for me.

He will come good because players are allowed to express themselves under Poch. He is probably doing things now that he wasn't doing at AZ (please do not come back with scoring goals?). He's at a better club, better team and will need to adjust.

Agree with you.
Good idea this
Reading down the line to make another word.
Easy when you know how
Ee by gum lad, that was grand....

......did for me.
Soldado was 28
He had already peaked
It was a much bigger price tag
The club is different and in a better place
Even while he's not scored he has played ok

Back
Top Bottom