Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In Poch we trust but he needs to have a good reason if he has given up on Jassen, we aren't chelsea or manu.We can't just buy whatever player we want ,given that joe lewis wont give levy any money to spend on players.

Jassen needs a run of games.

In Poch we trust but he needs to have a good reason if he has given up on Jassen, we aren't chelsea or manu.We can't just buy whatever player we want ,given that joe lewis wont give levy any money to spend on players.

There's not really any reason to play him when we're out of Europe and Kane scores every game.

So happy for him today. Glad he got more minutes and got that goal. You could see the emotion and relief in his face. Also clearly well liked by the rest of the team. Hope this kick starts his career with us.

C6uu4UGWcAAwqYY.jpg:large

I don't think he has given up on him. Players who go out of Poch's plans or get on his bad side just don't play. But he's still been giving Janssen late game minutes, and I think that's in the hope he scores and can then start to push on.

As mentioned in the millwall thread I reckon we try this.
Son & alli playing off vj.
At his worst, vj is still a handful & occupies defenders.
He can flick it on or hold it up & lay it off to the likes of alli & son who can make runs from deep.
At first I thought it will probably be son or vj.
But both could work too.

He HAS to step up now.

Last time round he was playing in our stale 4231 that even Harry struggles in. Now we have a system that is producing goals goals goals, maybe he will be able to work off that.

We can only pray :avbpray:

So happy for Vinnie that he's finally scored from open play. When Eriksen came on for Kane I felt very bad for him and thought that meant it was pretty much curtains for his Spurs career.

Hope this could finally be the start of him coming good for us. We might need him for a while!

He scores when he wants! Vincent Jannsen!
So happy for him, the guy shows so much passion and effort I think he just needed to get that monkey off his back and score from open play!

Had he not scored today (with us 4-0 up and coasting) that may well have spelt the end for him, in terms of confidence... as it was, the 'pressure' for him to score must've been immense because we were 4-0 up and coasting! So fair play to him for scoring when he did... it was a neat finish, and something he can (hopefully) build on.

He's gonna be vital in the next few weeks, if Harry is out (or not risked) for the next few games...

Back
Top Bottom