Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So pleased for him. He has had to wait a long time. I thought Son was going to have a greedy shot, it seemed to take ages for him to pass to Jenssen even though he was in a great position, but fair play he made the pass. I really still feel he has buckets of talent and huge potential. He has been unfortaunate because early on in the season we weren't playing great, we and he hadn't settled yet. It is always so much harder when you come on as a sub and have little time to get up to speed and also when you are inevitably replacing someone else who may have played well and be a provider but now they are off the pitch. He has a real opportunity now and I really hope he gets a little luck now. You just know the media are going to be saying "He still hasn't scored from open play in the premier league yet." Bastards.

You just know the media are going to be saying "He still hasn't scored from open play in the premier league yet." Bastards.
Give it a week. Big Vinny looked fired up after than first goal, and perhaps his mentality is just right to turn the corner.

If he does get to start against Southampton (though you'd think that'll be Son leading the line given Poch's previous choices) then it's a massive chance to now kick on.

Really lovely seeing how all the other players reacted to his goal. Our lads are the best.

I also thought the goal really felt like a lift off his shoulders (literally). After he scored he seemed so much more confident and tried to make things happen. Eriksen is key to the team though so it will be Eriksen and Alli behind him or son then rotate imo

Really pleased he got a chance today when we were winning comfortably and our confidence was high. Well taken finish, hoping he can push on from here and get some game time towards the end of the season (although not at the expense of Kane being out for a long time!!!)

I thought it was clever management from Poch. When Kane went off he had to ask himself 'who's going to influence the game more - Janssen or Eriksen?'.

He made the right decision, and as a result Vinny got his chance with no pressure attached.

Huge weight off his shoulders and you could see it in his play after the goal. He was trying things we haven't seen him do in a Spurs guernsey, I was stoked when he scored almost as happy as when Bobby put in his first from open play. Shattered he didn't bury that header a couple of minutes later, he had a brilliant cameo and if Kane is out i definitely want him to start because his link up play is awesome and if he adds goals to his game he'll be leathal for us.

Think Vinny knew he had to take his chance today after Poch has been showing him some tough love this last couple of months , I doubt he'll start against Southampton , he'll be on the bench raging then he'll come on and play like he did today with fire in his belly.

Me:
When he came on-he stayed central (most of the time). they must be working on his game and positioning. Sometimes he strayed wide but mostly wanted the ball to feet in the box, central.

Had he not scored today (with us 4-0 up and coasting) that may well have spelt the end for him, in terms of confidence... as it was, the 'pressure' for him to score must've been immense because we were 4-0 up and coasting! So fair play to him for scoring when he did... it was a neat finish, and something he can (hopefully) build on.

He's gonna be vital in the next few weeks, if Harry is out (or not risked) for the next few games...
Hopefully, they have been working on his game in training and yesterday was the result. I felt he looked and played different. The ball played to him was different, to feet. His positioning was different, he stayed central more.

Lets hope its a direct result of change rather than chance.

Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but it seemed like Janssen was playing less with his back to goal yesterday which suits our style better.

Back
Top Bottom