Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did well for Son's winner but we've won the last 4 Kaneless games mainly down, in attacking terms, to Dele, Son and Eriksen. Even Sissoko does the odd good thing, that doesn't mean we should keep him though. We dropped points during Kane's first injury mainly down to Janssen not being good enough.
Saying Janssen is not the second coming is bannable. Tread carefully.

Saying Janssen is not the second coming is bannable. Tread carefully.

It's a shame some people have lost the art of debating and don't understand the concept of having differing opinions. I imagine them sitting in a pub while others discuss something and they just sit there tapping an imaginary "disagree" button.

Thank God they didn't have internet forums in ancient Greece, or Western Civilisation would never have existed.

It's a shame some people have lost the art of debating and don't understand the concept of having differing opinions. I imagine them sitting in a pub while others discuss something and they just sit there tapping an imaginary "disagree" button.

Thank God they didn't have internet forums in ancient Greece, or Western Civilisation would never have existed.

This isn't my argument, but saying someone's shit and should be sold, isn't debate, never mind artful. People can only agree or disagree which seems to be happening to you.

This isn't my argument, but saying someone's shit and should be sold, isn't debate, never mind artful. People can only agree or disagree which seems to be happening to you.

I've never said the guy was shit, just that he's not good enough for where we want to go. What I think is irrelevant anyway. It's what Poch thinks that matters. We'll find that out in the Summer.

You're possibly too new to realise, but there are some people on here who click 'disagree' purely to try and wind up whoever's post it was.

If it helps, 'x' is neutral rep. A few years ago we had postive/negative rep, and a neg rep button called 'Dislike'. Trust me, it was far less civilized back then!

Everything good came through him. Not saying anything about Kane, of course, but it's not a coincidence we didn't score more today after Vinny came off. He offers something slightly different that frees up others.
How was Janssen directly invovled in any of the goals, 1st down to Alli's genius, same with son for the second, 3rd from Dier and 4th great cross and finish by Trippier and Son, barely shwoing everything good came through him, his not even our playmaker lol

Janssen is a different player to Kane and very similar to Soldado..
He is still young and adapting his game, if you watch his games for AZ you'll see for yourself (video's on youtube).
But in recent games when he has played (even coming on as sub) he has been mostly central and other players have been feeding off him, like Son did for his goal midweek coming in from wider area's.
Kane on the other hand drops for the ball and then moves into the spaces which works for him, Janssen would be a great partner striker if we played 2 up top, but Janssen as a lone striker in the system we are currently playing will not always work out unless we have Dele, Eriksen or Son close to him in and around the 18 yd box playing teams that sit deep

I've never said the guy was shit, just that he's not good enough for where we want to go. What I think is irrelevant anyway. It's what Poch thinks that matters. We'll find that out in the Summer.

Of course, but I think Poch sees a player he can't improve as a failure of his coaching abilities. I'd be surprised if Vinny goes in the Summer. As long as he's prepared to work Poch will have time for him up to a point.

He did well for Son's winner but we've won the last 4 Kaneless games mainly down, in attacking terms, to Dele, Son and Eriksen. Even Sissoko does the odd good thing, that doesn't mean we should keep him though. We dropped points during Kane's first injury mainly down to Janssen not being good enough.
He wasn't good enough at the start of the season because we were trying to use him as if he was the same player as Kane. That's obviously something the team has worked on in training and now he's found his niche. I think he's looked much better recently (should have scored at least one today though) and believe he definitely has a place in the squad

Janssen is a different player to Kane and very similar to Soldado..
He is still young and adapting his game, if you watch his games for AZ you'll see for yourself (video's on youtube).
But in recent games when he has played (even coming on as sub) he has been mostly central and other players have been feeding off him, like Son did for his goal midweek coming in from wider area's.
Kane on the other hand drops for the ball and then moves into the spaces which works for him, Janssen would be a great partner striker if we played 2 up top, but Janssen as a lone striker in the system we are currently playing will not always work out unless we have Dele, Eriksen or Son close to him in and around the 18 yd box playing teams that sit deep

I've got no faith in the Dutch League and it's become a dangerous place to buy from, unless they've been through the Ajax system. Verts said the other day that every team plays the same attacking football there and the quality of defending is poor. So I don't think his AZ YouTube videos tell a lot. Attacking players bought from there are increasingly failing and being sold on at a loss to other leagues. Depay being a decent example. He was Ronaldo in Holland but Ronald McDonald in the PL.

How was Janssen directly invovled in any of the goals, 1st down to Alli's genius, same with son for the second, 3rd from Dier and 4th great cross and finish by Trippier and Son, barely shwoing everything good came through him, his not even our playmaker lol

I think he was directly involved though. I think Alli, Son and Dier, after seeing his misses, said "fuck this, I'm just gonna shoot on sight from now on!"

I think Bale became like that in his last season with us as our strikers were generally profligate that year.

I know it is hard to believe it but harry kane is one of the best striker in the world at the moment, his movement ,vision and technical ability is ridiculous .It is not fair to compare Jassen to him, and i don't think jassen will ever fill his boots, but he still needs time.

I see Jansen much like I see Ben Davies, always a little gutted when he starts, but perfectly happy for the lad to stick around if he is going to train hard and not moan about only playing when we have an injury. I think Jansen also has the potential to kick on and be half-decent eventually

Last edited:
I see Jansen much like a see Ben Davies, always a little gutted when he starts, but perfectly happy for the lad to stick around if he is going to train hard and not moan about only playing when we have an injury. I think Jansen also has the potential to kick on and be half-decent eventually
Many wanted Son sold in the summer because he didn't score 40 goals and win us every game he played in. The abuse was horrific at times and borderline xenophobic. It's all in his thread. Now he's on course to score 20 goals and has been an integral part of this team

Janssen deserves another season before being written off - especially at the age of 22.

Many wanted Son sold in the summer because he didn't score 40 goals and win us every game he played in. The abuse was horrific at times and borderline xenophobic. It's all in his thread. Now he's on course to score 20 goals and has been an integral part of this team

Janssen deserves another season before being written off - especially at the age of 22.
Nothing borderline about it. Stupid fucks never learn to give players time

There has been obvious improvement from earlier in the season to now when Janssen plays - At least now the players are wanting to pass to him.

Earlier in the season, there seemed to be some kind of reluctance to pass to him and he would always run the channels which a player of his ability shouldn't be doing. Yet recently, he's been staying alot centrally which will see him get a lot more chances if his movement is good and players are passing to him, hell he could have had a first half hattrick yesterday.

I'd like to think he's working very hard in training which is why Pochettino has rewarded him with 90 minutes of football the past two games.

There has been obvious improvement from earlier in the season to now when Janssen plays - At least now the players are wanting to pass to him.

Earlier in the season, there seemed to be some kind of reluctance to pass to him and he would always run the channels which a player of his ability shouldn't be doing. Yet recently, he's been staying alot centrally which will see him get a lot more chances if his movement is good and players are passing to him, hell he could have had a first half hattrick yesterday.

I'd like to think he's working very hard in training which is why Pochettino has rewarded him with 90 minutes of football the past two games.

I feel like if Janssen keeps at it he is going to have second seasons like Son and Lamela where is he much improved and more relaxed with the PL that he will be a super sub striker we can trust to bring on and get us a goal.

I feel like if Janssen keeps at it he is going to have second seasons like Son and Lamela where is he much improved and more relaxed with the PL that he will be a super sub striker we can trust to bring on and get us a goal.

Whilst I would love for that to happen - I still feel we NEED something different. I always bring up Liverpool away with this argument. Kane was USELESS in that game and his style is always going to shield him from being effective in games like that.

What we needed in that style of game was someone who can run the channels and cause Liverpools defence problems with pace. Son isn't that guy because he's not a striker, Janssen playing would have had the same effect as Kane etc. - which is why I think Pochettino probably wants someone like Andre Gray (even though he's hardly quick)

Back
Top Bottom