Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were lots ready to get rid of Son this time last season? (Have a look at the first page of this thread).

Have been a fan of Janssen from the off - he'll come good. He's not going to be Kane but even Kane started slowly so who knows?! Vince offers us something else late in games as proved a couple of times this season...thinking the game at Swansea(?) in particular... Can only be a good thing squad wise...

But what other striker do we bring in?
Who will be happy being a bench warmer most games?
Do they suit Poch's style, or will they need time to adjust as well?
If they don't score 20 goals in their first season is it back to square one?

Would a striker at a smaller team be able to make the step up?
Would a bigger named striker be able to content themselves?

And what if we get rid of Janssen and the new guy and Harry get injured together?
The sort of striker that believes he can perform and dislodge someone from the team. With CL there will be ample chances with rotation. Many on here considered Wanyama was a bench warmer to cover for Dier. How many believed Dele would go straight in the team. Others like Janssen & Sissoko had their chances but did not take them.

But what other striker do we bring in?
Who will be happy being a bench warmer most games?
Do they suit Poch's style, or will they need time to adjust as well?
If they don't score 20 goals in their first season is it back to square one?

Would a striker at a smaller team be able to make the step up?
Would a bigger named striker be able to content themselves?

And what if we get rid of Janssen and the new guy and Harry get injured together?
This... Harry Kane plays when he is fit. End of argument. So whoever is number 2 really is, & has to accept, they are number 2. Who do we bring in? Would that player be content? Too easy to say our number 2 isn't good enough. Who do we replace him with? Cos whoever it is won't come cheap & will always be number 2 to Harry Kane. So I'd love to know who offers competition to Kane? Who will replace him when needs be? Hilarious stuff from people suggesting Vinny isn't good enough but not suggesting a suitable number 2 to Harry Kane. Come on lads n lasses, who do we bring in???

Where the hell does this "fat" nonsense originate from?

Pics or shhhhh IMO.
Tbf a think it's a fair point, he does still look a little on the heavy side but that could just be his frame. But look how much weight he seems to of lost since the start of the season, last night was the leanest he's looked and he looked very sharp as a result imo

Tbf a think it's a fair point, he does still look a little on the heavy side but that could just be his frame. But look how much weight he seems to of lost since the start of the season, last night was the leanest he's looked and he looked very sharp as a result imo

....But, fat as in the often read "fat vince".

Not once seen a pic I thought warranted it, not even in fun terms.

I was just putting it out there. Something has been wrong with him, be it a niggling injury,
lack of confidence or conditioning.

....But, fat as in the often read "fat vince".

Not once seen a pic I thought warranted it, not even in fun terms.
Nah I wouldn't call him fat, he's in better shape than your average guy off the street. I do think he can lean down a bit more though and I reckon a full summer with poch will do the job

Nah I wouldn't call him fat, he's in better shape than your average guy off the street. I do think he can lean down a bit more though and I reckon a full summer with poch will do the job

There's a balance to be found tho...

Obviously uses his frame to his advantage when battling defenders... It would be tragic to eradicate his biggest asset whilst waiting for the goals to start flowing.

I was just putting it out there. Something has been wrong with him, be it a niggling injury,
lack of confidence or conditioning.

Wasn't a response based on your isolated comment... It's been a 'thing' for some this season.

Fair enough and I really hope he will too, but people repeatedly said that about Soldado. I was one of them.

Fiorentina away was when I finally realised he wouldn't, ever
:vdvhmm:
Bobby had a shit time here. It happens. He couldn't stop scoring in in his own league (similarities to Vincent) but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for us. But Bobby was already a seasoned pro. Jannsen is still a kid. He has the minerals mate. If he survives this season without too many scars, then he will move on a level next year.

He is very strong but he always ends up very wide and not in the box.

Saying that I'm certain he will be even better next season after a full preseason, Poch said Sterling will be the 3Rd choice and he's a different type of striker which will give us options.

Love his attitude.

I think he has done well in a couple of times subs in. He relaxed a lot in his approach and hold ball well as a target man. He will still find it extremely difficult to find game time though. Like the lad.

Back
Top Bottom