vs Barcelona 29 / 07 - 04:05 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s the point of the penalty shoot outs.
Is it becuase US audiences don’t like draws?

Seems stupid.
A team could top the group with no wins in 90 mins . Whereas a team that has won once in 90, maybe scoring more goals, doesn’t.
Of course no team will play for penalties for the ICC trophy.

Why not 3 win 1 draw.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Onomah being injured is the biggest disappointment for me. Especially with all the injuries to central midfield and lack of World Cup boys on show.

He could be playing in his favoured deeper role and showing Pochettino what he can bring - unfortunately, he probably plays no part in our pre-season and either gets loaned out on deadline day or stays with the club doing nothing but training with the first team and perhaps getting a sub appearance in a League Cup game.
I wanted to see Tashan too.
He must be gutted.

Skipp is very consistent for the youth team.
Always been impressed when watching him.
One of those players you don’t notice, just does everything tidy and well.
Then you start to concentrate on him and see how he is a good player for the age.
Good to see he can compete with the youth of Barca, who are far technically superior to most in Europe imo.
It so simple. Just pass and move.
Although they tired and we came on top of them when they couldn’t keep it up
They always make sure they are close to the person who has the ball, like rondos.
Then the technical ability enables them to make the pass. Quickly, usually one touch, two top whack.
Whereas a few of our players were more hesitant in receiving and distribution giving it away, sometime as players were also not making the space or angles for the return ball.

We seem to do a lot of rondos in training but it doesn’t seem to work as good on the pitch.

I was at the training you are right he got a knock so just jogged round - joined in a little but not much we will see

SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs Is there just the pub crawl tonight or is there a tailgate at rose bowl? Hope you enjoyed legends night

Still conjurs up images of some human-centipede style sexual act to me....

:ledleylick: "MMmmmmmurica!"

On Aurier I thought he’d prosper from a full pre season. Thought I’d lay off him until Pochettino has had him here for a decent spell.
It’s only friendlies but I’m not too enamoured with what I have seen.
A few flashes, but not much overall improvement.
Looks like he’s trying to be more cautious but he has to improve his passing and crossing.

Yet it’s early days.

Hope he does improve.
We will need two good right wing backs,
KWP is doing an England due to our lack of CBs.
Would have thought he’d have given him a go at RB, and tried Aurier or TJ Eyoma Right in a back 3 alongside CCV and Sanchez. Just for 30 mins or something. Or even played TJ at CB, Davies as a left back and given him some time at RB.
Could even have swapped with Aurier who’s played there before.
He’d have so much more to offer on the right I think. Maybe more than Aurier distribution wise.
One decent cross with his left foot I’ve noticed form KWP
He also looked perplexed on the left last night and was exposed.

Maybe hes looking at KWP at LB for a reason.

Amos is one of those guys that has a knack for tackling. Some people it seems just know how to stick their leg in and come out with the ball.

His passing isn't bad but he often lacks the confidence to look over his shoulder as he's receiving the ball and he plays backwards/laterally when he has time to turn. Stylistically a Parker/Dier type atm.
Would love Poch to make him more Verratti/Wiegl.

His dribbling is decent. Physically very strong and wiry, can see why his loan clubs liked him.
Can't stand it with overcoached midfield players that can't take a glance and position themselves on the half turn

Means you never break a press for one thing

Modric the master of this art along with a drop of the shoulder

BBC headline: Tottenham comeback against Barcelona in vain

They are aware this was a fucking friendly?.......If the competition wasn't pandering to a wider American market there wouldn't be a penalty shootout, it would just be a draw.
I thought it was a hard earned, well deserved point myself!

Good game driving back now, NKoudou had some things come off for once, but it won’t wash in the league. Amos did well in there 90mins hard work. Eriksen finally got on the ball second half and it showed. Trippier has nothing to worry about for his spot put it that way. llorente resorted back to mean with Son being the only real option if Kane out

Great game to watch good fun, great stadium

Get home safe... Hope no-one's tails are too sore.

COYS! :tobyarm:

BBC headline: Tottenham comeback against Barcelona in vain

They are aware this was a fucking friendly?.......If the competition wasn't pandering to a wider American market there wouldn't be a penalty shootout, it would just be a draw.

LOL was I meant to cry after the shoot-out or something?

No, but the point I was making, was the apparent passion they celebrated the goals with, was like they’ve been living and breathing spurs for the last 30 years, going to The Lane week in, week out.

Never mind. :pochfacepalm:

As if they were supporters ?

( Any particular reason your avatar is the openly racist Chuckle brother or just coincidental?)

Back
Top Bottom