Was your first match ever attended on TV?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DTM

LAMBETHIAN YIDDO
What was the very first Tottenham match you ever attended and was it televised? If you can find the video highlights please post it on this thread - if not, perhaps because it was too long ago for highlights-please at least name and date the game here. I did a search and was happy to have found mine in the archives.

Me and my cousin were in the away end as we turned up ticketless wanting to get in the east stand boys door - but luckily for us a lovely WPC gave too kids a free ticket each.

Great experience as I recall but not the result we wanted.

Blimey..
no televised football highlights or a date of note from the 60’s 70’s or even- the 1980’... at least a date this side of the 20th century ?
Hotspurpaul Hotspurpaul :sonpoint:

Last edited:
Spurs vs Man City 76/77 I think ?

2-0 up and drew 2-2.

IIRC there's another thread similar to this one, Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor was good enough to remind/inform me that Peter Taylor scored both our goals.
Always knew I liked him for a reason.

Christ, it was the 80,s, v Liverpool. It pissed it down , I stood in the Paxton getting soaked, it was dArk and a Sunday is all I remember.

Those were the days

And me mum taped it

Spurs vs Charlton. 18th April 1987.
1-0 (Clive Allen....obviously)
My uncle, a Gooner, took me. Sat in the West Lower and the tickets were £8 each. I remember he went to get us some food just before halftime and missed the only goal.

First game I attended was a midweek draw against West Brom in the driving rain. Hoddle scored a penalty and it finished 1-1.
They probably showed the goals on Sportsnight ... would have been either Harry Carpenter or Tony Gubba presenting in 1979?

First televised?

Spurs Vs Bristol Rovers.
22nd October 1977
9-0 (Lee 4, Moores 3, Taylor and Hoddle)
Attendance: 26571

I always remember the excitement as a kid if you turned up and the tv lorries were parked up.. " we're gonna be on the box". Crowds were a lot younger then. Me and mates were going on our own from the age of 10. Still going with some of them.

I always remember the excitement as a kid if you turned up and the tv lorries were parked up.. " we're gonna be on the box". Crowds were a lot younger then. Me and mates were going on our own from the age of 10. Still going with some of them.
I am trying to remember what it cost in 1979.
No ticket, cash at the gate. I think it was £4.50 to stand on the Shelf, maybe that is wrong though.

sport-football-english-league-division-one-london-england-1st-january-picture-id79663556

Away at Palace 1st Jan 1972, not on telly

1-1 Chivers free kick

decent game

Adult ticket in Block F on the shelf in the 1979-1980 season was £2.70.
wow a pint of lager was then 47 pence so a ticket would cost you just over 5 pints so spurs now should cost between £25-30

source for cost of a london pint in 1980 may be a bit sketchy

City at home in the 1989/90 season. I’m sure I’ve posted this before. East Upper. Quite a lot of City fans around us celebrating the equaliser. Remember thinking the ground looked tiny from up there. Can still remember the sounds from the terraces as we approached. Not the best match but God I’d love to relive that day for so many reasons

I also remember me constantly asking my Dad if our No. 6 that day was Gary Mabutt - my favourite player.

It was Chris Hughton.

:harrylol:

Back
Top Bottom